BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 131 - 140 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Storage Media
Chris is right - there is no single best answer to your question I would recommend using both an external hard drive and an online backup service. It is nice to have duplicate backups. Also, i...

In Photography » Storage Media
July 28, 8:42am

Re: First timer doing Rae Lakes Loop in Kings Canyon
anthony - It's not that big a deal, but in the future try to only post your question in only 1 thread. BTW, you are lucky to have stumbled upon this site early on in your backpacking caree...

In GEAR » First timer doing Rae Lakes Loop in Kings Canyon
July 22, 7:35pm

Re: Recent transitioner here
I also had a good experience with runningwarehouse.com. It is so nice to be able to order multiple sizes to see which size fits best (usually a big disadvantage with ordering shoes online).

In GEAR » Looking for lighter footwear options for 20-25 pound load
July 22, 3:52pm

Re: Looking for Trail Runner advice...
I also have extremely flat feet and had a similar experience with Inov8 shoes. They were just too flexible for my feet. I have had much better luck with the Montrail Hardrocks. They have tons of...

In GEAR » Looking for Trail Runner advice...
July 21, 8:56am

Re: Not lightweight, but anyway...
Those photos are inspiring. It makes me want to take up mountaineering.

In Photography » Not lightweight, but anyway...
July 20, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear storage
John - thanks for the tips

In Philosophy & Technique » Gear storage
July 20, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Gear storage
Denis: How do you hang up your sleeping bags? Do use hangers? The openings in my bag seems too big for a hanger to work. Hangers could definitely not be used for quilts.

In Philosophy & Technique » Gear storage
July 20, 12:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Officially joining the UL ranks . . . slowly
I used to pack a pair of Crocs as camp shoes when I wore boots. I liked them a lot because they are fairly light, comfortable, surprisingly supportive and protective, and very quick-drying.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Officially joining the UL ranks . . . slowly
July 20, 8:50am

Re: $100
On behalf of Rand: Yes, this is a very limited production run. As Rand said earlier, it is very difficult and time consuming to make the Fissure with their current production rig and there is a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
July 17, 6:33pm

Re: redundancy in fire and first aid gear
Tyler - I partially agree w/ you. I think that 2 forms of fire starting equipment is a good idea because: 1) fire-starting gear is generally very light (mini bic, waterproof matches, flint +...

In Gear Lists » Newbie ultralighter gear list
July 15, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am