Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 131 - 140 of 697 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...70

Forum » Thread

Baffle width
Tim; was most of the down shifting problems due more to the side Karo baffles as opposed to the centre one down the middle on top? Looking at Paul's side by side pics of his two quilts, the cen...

In GEAR » Attention Enlightened Equipment Enigma quilt users!
July 02, 5:16am

Nobul 1
Interesting insights in this thread on the Nobul 1. Aaron's concerns have me a bit worried about it for down, though it sounds fine for synthetic. How translucent is it? Translucent enough t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric suggestions for hot summer bag (using a liner only)
July 02, 4:04am

Re: neck taper
That's good news. Good tip on the strap placement, I haven't thought about that yet, apart from design; I'm going to go with a system that allows the quilt to not have to strap right...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Summer Quilt: 2.5oz Apex
July 01, 6:47pm

Re: MYOG Summer Quilt: 2.5oz Apex
Andy, I'm planning a quilt too, and I have questions about neck taper. I notice you've made a few now. I think on your Jalapeno quilt, your neck taper went from a 52 width 44 neck (so a ...

July 01, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Plus one
I'm another needle stake fan. They were fantastic. I've still got a few that saw a lot of use across three continents on our cycle tour. I'll be sad when the last one goes. They have hu...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
June 30, 4:37am

One time only, special treatment for Titanium Whistle Induced Memory Issues (TWIMI)
Groundbreaking science straight from NASA, we now have a cure for TWIMI! A bargain at $1000 each. Ten per meal for ten days, then you will be cured. 1% Money back guarantee!

In Gear Deals » Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
June 30, 2:42am

Re: Another UPDATE
We are thinking of doing the GR10 next year around August, carrying our little girl (will be a toddler by then so will walk the odd km). I really should have gone for one of your stoves when I h...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
June 29, 2:28am

Re: Re: MYOG Summer Quilt: 2.5oz Apex
I've never used a quilt that can open up, mine is closed and the footbox goes up a fair way-I like that. With a quilt or a mummy sleeping bag (unzipped) its not hard to throw a leg out/in as re...

June 28, 8:17pm

Re: Baffles
Tim's older quilts were made using a Karo Baffle system like this. It works well and saves on seams for a light quilt, and allows down to be moved around easily where you want it. However he ha...

In Gear Swap » FS: Enlightened Equipment Revelation 40* Down Quilt 900FP Custom
June 27, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
I concur

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 26, 4:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.