Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, Central Australia, Kakadu, Japan, China, Korea.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 131 - 140 of 878 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Sub 5 pound - does it really matter?
"But, if I lighten my kit, am I somehow prohibited from improving my physical condition?" Nope, I attempt both. a=f/m Every bit of weight you take off, reduces the total amount o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sub 5 pound - does it really matter?
March 30, 5:25pm

Re: FLYWEIGHT KNIVES-Dragonfly Logo.
Interesting looking knife, but with my small hands I don't think the ugly ducking will work for me. My four fingers are just over 3 inches across, so would work better for me if there were four...

In Gear Deals » FLYWEIGHT KNIVES---Damn Fine Titanium Knives!
March 29, 10:51pm

Re: Esbit Testing
Hmm, yeah I would have thought you'd get a boil with two 4g tabs from everything I've read on here too, with your set up. Maybe they are just burning too fast? Were they close together, sid...

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
March 29, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Mini Esbitmizer Testing
Also, Jameson, did you try 3x 4g tabs, ie 12g? Could add one on top say half way through the burn? Its interesting that the 4g tabs seem to burn better. Perhaps a way to test this for yourself, ...

March 29, 8:46pm

Re: No
"everyone should take a couple of trips w/ a SUL kit, you'll soon find that there are many things you can do without; conversely you'll be sure to find a few bits that are worth adding...

March 29, 6:28pm

Re: Pop-can burner: 16 minutes.
Could be worth a new thread Richard, though its Dan's thread and up to him :-) . Be interesting to see some comparisons between pop-can, bget, esbitmizer, gram cracker all within the same winds...

March 29, 6:25pm

Re: Re: Typical weights?
Thanks Jerry, 0.4oz is pretty heavy. Guess I'll have to look for appropriate ziplocs. Ziplocs are the other option (and what I've always used), but its hit and miss with them, not so muc...

In GEAR » vacuum bag sealer
March 29, 4:55pm

New technologies
Another factor worth considering, in the context of anything you read about SUL from 3-4 or more years ago, is that gear tech is rapidly advancing, bringing SUL possible to more people. Its quit...

March 29, 4:48pm

Re: Hype
Errr, like most cottage companies I have a feeling that they aren't spending that much time and effort on hype. But there's only so much selling via ebay that a seller wants to do, there...

March 28, 3:44am

Getting them in Australia...
Etsy is limited to US shipping only. Ebay, I tried adding one of the knives to cart, but comes up with an error that the seller has been banned, or something like that.

March 28, 2:50am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.