David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 131 - 140 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...178

Forum » Thread

Wet weather kills pine beetles
Wet weather, wet enough the trees can force the insects out with heavy sap flows, really kills off the beetles. The temperatures needed to kill pine beetles are about -40. Not common.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 31, 9:08am

Woman recovering from otter attack wounds
"leaving Sainsbury with a broken right hand, torn ligaments and tendons and many bites and scratches. She said the animal bit through joints and ligaments on her hand requiring pins to be surg...

In Packrafting » Woman recovering from otter attack wounds
July 30, 10:45am

Bear Spray Explosion
"“Check out the super shred on that bear spray holster…reckon there was a little force there?” Herring notes." http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/2013/jul/30/hot-news-keep-b...

In GEAR » Bear Spray Explosion
July 30, 10:42am

"The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true."
"ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—has been cut an...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 27, 5:50pm

Re: 10 essentials
"The 10 essentials were not born of field experience. They were born out of arm chair paranoia, selling books, and catering to the lowest common demoninator. " Hubris. The Seattle M...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 25, 11:04am

Lose belly fat using this one weird factoid
"One weird factoid, deer apparently do not get lyme disease, for some reason. So for them, the ticks are just annoyances." I met researchers in the CA foothills near Fresno, studying a...

In Chaff » Ticks
July 23, 1:32pm

Cornbread are square
Thread was started on Pi aprox. day, for you nerds out there.

In GEAR » Which way do I orient a reflective pad?
July 23, 1:25pm

Speach
"Obama's speech was pretty good. Maybe people understand a little better which will lead to a more peaceful world." I partly agree, no one should be feared, suspected, or harassed ...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 22, 10:27am

Creepy
Kind of like "creepy a$$ cracker" Two idiots go head to head.

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 21, 9:28am

wire
Didn't read the article. Bailing wire or swedged galvanized wire is durable underfoot. Tubular webbing over cord or elastic also prolongs wear. Anyone try the spectra cords?

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
July 20, 11:39pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm