BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 131 - 140 of 6054 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...606

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Article from the American Conservative
" Israeli Jews didn't want Palestinians to move back home and live among them because that would interfere with the goal of Zionism - which actually tries to establish a pure Jewish state....

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 07, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re:
"After all, China pays the bills for its 'little brother'. But China's practical options are actually quite limited." Quite true, but the Chinese reasons for supporting NK ...

August 06, 7:52pm

Re: Re:
"Know the truth? A tough one, Tom. The majority of us Americans are Christians -- and many believe in the inerrancy of the bible -- which includes the part about The Almighty giving the lan...

August 06, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
"Fact remains it's 2014 not 1948, 1919, or earlier." True enough, but what happened from the turn of the 20th Century up to the present drives the Palestinian world view, to the po...

August 06, 5:35pm

Re: Re: coconut "ice cream"
Now, if you happened across a snow field, you'd have the makings of a great sno-cone. Add some rehydrated freeze dried pineapple juice and a shot of white rum and you've got the makings of...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » coconut "ice cream"
August 06, 5:19pm

Re: SUL Thru-Hiking the Trans Catalina Trail
What a neat, off beat trip. CA has a lot of nooks and crannies to explore, and you consistently get into some of the most interesting. Bravo, Andy, and thanks for posting.

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL Thru-Hiking the Trans Catalina Trail
August 06, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Death by...
"They act swiftly and consume efficiently, very leave no trace." Except for the occasional finger bone protruding from a marmot turd.

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 06, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Food Storage Bag
"Not in my pack, but at night I double bag it with an OPsack and nylofume bag from LiteTrail." Me, too. I also use a nylofume bag inside my food bag. I guess I'm really paranoid ...

In GEAR » Best Food Storage Bag
August 06, 4:27pm

Re: Re: The goldstone report
"I can definitely say that regardless of the history and circumstances of the region, if the country of Fred started lobbing junker missiles at the country of Ian, a military response would be...

August 06, 3:50pm

Re: Re: link
"I think I could have phrased my post better... It's been almost 70 years now -- we really need to focus on how to end this conflict -- and away from the endless bickering of which side is...

August 06, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm