BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 131 - 140 of 6045 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...605

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: link
"I think I could have phrased my post better... It's been almost 70 years now -- we really need to focus on how to end this conflict -- and away from the endless bickering of which side is...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 06, 3:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
"I prefer education not indoctrination. We should all want to know the truth, even when it makes us uncomfortable." I will take you at your word, Ian, and suggest that, instead of rely...

August 06, 3:36pm

Re: Human Shields
"Say what you want about them but Israel has a very sophisticated and well respected intel network. I'd reason that it's certainly not in Israel's best interest to kill civilians, ...

August 05, 8:53pm

Re: Re: link
"1. There is no good vs. evil here. It's a classic your land is my land argument -- weighted down by religion and history." I have to disagree here, Ben. Palestinians had been liv...

August 05, 6:11pm

Re: Re: Best Food Storage Bag
"Been using one of these for a few years: Granite Gear Air Zippsack" Do you use any form of odor proof liner?

In GEAR » Best Food Storage Bag
August 05, 4:54pm

Re: Re: Re: link
"An interesting story, definitely from one side of the aisle, but that doesn't necessarily discount what it has to say:" Every once in awhile, one side of the aisle gets it right. ...

August 05, 4:44pm

Re: Re: laparoscopic cholecystectomy
"Not sure how I'd react if I was there in person though." That would depend on whether you was the cutter or the cuttee. Either way, I'll bet you wouldn't be snarfing down...

In Chaff » A Surgeon's POV Of A Complete Knee Replacement
August 04, 5:29pm

Re: pappe
"Some day I will get around to reading that reading list." I'd be interested in your reaction if you get round to reading it, Michael.

August 04, 5:23pm

Re: North Lake Loop via Piute Pass and Lamarck Col
Excellent trip well reported. And the pictures were really beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

In Post-Trip Reports » North Lake Loop via Piute Pass and Lamarck Col
August 04, 4:55pm

Re: NFB
"+2 Bill Mason" +4 One of my all time favorite films.

In Philosophy & Technique » Alone in the Wilderness. Movie.
August 04, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm