Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 131 - 140 of 417 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...42

Forum » Thread

Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails"
Eli, No water on the Green Mt. Ridge. Nice campsite at Green Mountain. There's a steam when you begin to bend north to go around Mt. Hardy that the trail (MST) crosses @ 1/2 mile before the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails
April 18, 9:11pm

Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
Can you do the Ptsrmigan Traverse as late as September following a big snow season or is there generally just too much melt-off and icing to make that a late August/September option?

In Post-Trip Reports » Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
April 15, 7:59pm

Cuben: folding vs stuffing; a volume issue
fold then roll: Bags/quilts jacket as well

In GEAR » Cuben: folding vs stuffing; a volume issue
April 15, 7:17pm

Button cell vs headlamp
Good points Warren. How'd we all get around the last 4,000,000 years or so without head-lamps? Still nice to have for detail work or finding something small you dropped etc. They work fine f...

In GEAR » Button cell vs headlamp
April 14, 7:30am

Button cell vs headlamp
I got a couple of the photon freedom micro-lights after reading Anthony Tang's recommendation. Unless you're going to be out for weeks (and don't want to perform a simple battery change...

In GEAR » Button cell vs headlamp
April 13, 7:59pm

Lighter Closed Cell Pad
Any plans to get more of those 1/2" PF pads?

In GEAR » Lighter Closed Cell Pad
April 13, 7:33pm

Lighter Closed Cell Pad
So likely not the same as David Owares sample but the stuff isn't taking on water though it does resemble a sponge; very light. I was surprised at the nature of the material when I first receiv...

April 13, 11:17am

Lighter Closed Cell Pad
I ordered a 1/8 x 24" x 72" from Steve about 6 weeks ago when I realized it's as light or lighter than a polycro groundsheet. Liked it so much I re-ordered a wider piece and might try...

April 12, 7:29pm

Roan Mountain Appalachian Trail Question
Hard to say about the weather. Check the weather channel 10 day forecast for Elk Park, NC; subtract anywhere from 12 to 20 degrees and hope the forecast is in the ball-park. As for "crowds&q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Roan Mountain Appalachian Trail Question
April 10, 2:32pm

this Bear Cannister thing
Thanks Bob, Appreciate the courtesy and benefit of your experience. Exactly what I look for in this board.

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 09, 7:07pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm