BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 131 - 140 of 590 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: ula amp versus ula ohm
BPL's Carol Crooker has a nice review of the amp here.

In GEAR » ula amp versus ula ohm
February 02, 10:28am

Re: FS: ULA Amp Pack, Size M/L, unused
SOLD pending funds. If anyone else is interested in an identical AMP used for about 10 days. I'll sell mine for the same $75. Size M/L. With 2 hip-belt pockets and front pocket. Origina...

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Amp Pack, Size M/L, unused
February 01, 3:12pm

Re: Platypus Clean Stream/sawyer gravity filters
I used a clean stream for the last couple of months on the pct after getting giardia for the second time. Yeah it takes me a while to learn my lessons. It worked fine. I would back flush a lit...

In GEAR » Platypus Clean Stream/sawyer gravity filters
February 01, 3:09pm

Re: After Kennedy Meadows
I didn't hammock, but there is lots of great above tree line camping to be done through Seqouia, King's Canyon and Yosemite. I'd recommend not going to a hammock until north of Tuolumn...

In GEAR » PCT sleep system help
February 01, 12:17pm

Re: pct sleep system / rain
You don't need a tent to handle bad weather. Here's a picture of me in northern washington in this years October snow. Ok so I spent a good part of the night banging snow of the tarp an...

February 01, 11:59am

Re: PCT sleep system help
I would suggest a net tent like the one made by alpinlitegear.com. Get it made with a full silnylon door rather than the half silnylon shown in the pic and you'll have plenty of protection...

January 31, 7:51pm

Re: MYOG Tent Material
One difference between cuben and silnylon is that silnylon stretches significantly. This is often referred to as the silnylon sag. For me in a gatewood it means that the tarp which was pitched ti...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tent Material
January 31, 12:29pm

Re: TT Moment vs. SMD Gatewood & Serentity combo
I really like the tarp nettent combo. For me this is about flexibility. Most of my backpacking is in california where rain is often not much of a concern. The ability to use the net tent on its ...

In GEAR » TT Moment vs. SMD Gatewood & Serentity combo
January 31, 12:21pm

Re: Two poles & the Duomid
Just doing the math (Pythagorean theorem anyone?) you would need about 66" long poles for the duomid inverted-v.

In GEAR » Two poles & the Duomid
January 29, 2:22pm

Re: thanks, one question, have to wait until back in stock
"Only one question - no problems with tip breakage?" I've got 1700 miles on mine and no problem or even noticeable wear on the tips. I think the carbon poles are much more likely ...

In GEAR » GG Lighttrek 4 or Titanium Goat Adjustable Poles
January 27, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.