BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 131 - 140 of 229 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Dry Bag Camera Bag
Here is simple project to make foam paddling for a camera to fit inside a dry bag. It weighs 3.5 oz instead of the 9 oz Lowe bag that I was using. There is velcro inside the bag to hold it in pla...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Camera Bag
May 17, 7:12pm

I'll take one
Send me one, Scott

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
May 17, 11:58am

Bear Cannisters Change things, too
Are you required to carry your food in Bear Cannisters? I find dumping a big unforgiving cylinder into the mix changes how a pack feels tremendously. Food in a stuff sack will conform and flex. ...

In GEAR » Frameless packs right for me?
May 17, 11:31am

Err on the side of wide
If the quilt will be down, err on the side of making it wider than you think. I was surprised how my quilts seemed to contract when stuffed at least 2 inches.

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Size
May 12, 5:12pm

Possible work around
I thought of one idea that is not elegant or light. You could take a lineloc 3 adjuster and attach it to a tiny side release buckle like 1/2 inch. You could attach the lineloc with 2 tiewraps(?) ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sources for LineLocs
May 12, 12:32pm

Cuben pack
There isn't much in the way of padding or "frame". Just a section of Ridgerest the size of the back panel. By taping some ensolite to my garcia bear can, I have smoothed out the ann...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Pack
May 11, 9:32am

MYOG Cuben Pack
I thought I might show you a pack I made with the heavier Cuben from ZPacks. I used just a yard of cuben along with gridstop and silnylon I got from thruHiker. The pack is fairly large for a fram...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Pack
May 10, 2:54pm

Side release Line locs are cool!
I first saw them here on the blogs about the Laufbursche packs. I would buy 40 or so if we wanted to do a group buy. -Scott

In Make Your Own Gear » Sources for LineLocs
May 07, 4:57pm

Thanks
Thanks, I can see it now.

In Make Your Own Gear » Absoroka Hip belt attachment?
March 18, 11:45pm

Absoroka Hip belt attachment?
How do the hip belts for the Absoroka Pack attach to the pack body? I bought the hip belt when they went on sale here for use on my MYOG pack. Upon receiving them, I am puzzled on how they attach ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Absoroka Hip belt attachment?
March 18, 7:29pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.