BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 131 - 140 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

PM sent on pack
What size?

In Gear Swap » FS: Arcteryx, Granite Gear and Six Moons
July 06, 12:03am

My Stove Arrived
The stove was mailed register mail, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. Nice plastic case for storage at home. Stove works.

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 28, 12:32am

Adding Down
I would echo the advice above about cleaning and drying it to restore the loft. I would caution, before you start ripping the seams on this beautiful design, be sure you are really accessing the m...

In GEAR » Adding down to a WM Ultralight as a DIY project?
June 22, 3:33pm

Price dropped
Price dropped. Pack is comparable to a Zpacks Blast but features contouring and is larger. I have made and sold several tarps to BPL memebers.I think you will be satisfied with the quality of const...

In Gear Swap » FS MYOG Cuben Pack
May 29, 8:57pm

More Details
Things I forgot: there is a 9 inch extention collar that makes the total height of the pack 31 inches. The torso length fits about 19-21 inches. The shoulder Straps are lined with 3D Mesh. the to...

May 28, 7:00pm

FS Cuben Pack
MYOG Cuben Frameless Pack Wt. 12 oz. Made with 1.43oz Cuben body, Dyneenma Gridstop Bottom and Silnylon side pockets. Rough Dimensions: 31"ht, 12" width, 7 1/2" depth. Hipbelt wing...

May 28, 6:38pm

A Connection Suggestion
One additional suggestion to what has been written above. Flat sections of pad hinge easily when folded against each other. A problem comes up when you try and fold shaped sections against each oth...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carrying a CCF pad...making it manageable
May 26, 4:46pm

Camera type
Bob, I thought of this project because I was carrying the camera in a LowePro case and carrying the drybag in my pack in case of rain or stream crossings. Redundancy. The camera is an Olympus e62...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Camera Bag
May 18, 10:37am

Dry Bag Camera Bag
Here is simple project to make foam paddling for a camera to fit inside a dry bag. It weighs 3.5 oz instead of the 9 oz Lowe bag that I was using. There is velcro inside the bag to hold it in pla...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Camera Bag
May 17, 7:12pm

I'll take one
Send me one, Scott

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
May 17, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.