BPL Community Profile

Nick K (nkline) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast U.S.
About Me Nick K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick K

Showing 131 - 139 of 139 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend
I just found this song after hearing it years ago but wasn't sure who wrote it. "Fred Bear" by Ted Nugent: "The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend It makes me fe...

In Chaff » The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend
December 16, 12:21pm

myog tyvekbivy 02
Nice work! On a similar note, I was thinking of making a Tyvek bivy for my down sleeping bag. One concern I have in general is whether or not condensation builds up between the Tyvek and the sle...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG TYVEKBIVY 02
December 04, 6:51pm

lol !
Rick, you're frickin' crazy! LOL Les Strouds johnson is so tough he uses it as fishing bait. Les Strouds bowel movement is so powerful the United States Government has declared it a t...

In Chaff » Less Stroud is so tough...
December 03, 11:45am

Career Networking
Hey guys and gals, Pardon me if I am posting this message in the wrong forum. Based on the description of this forum, I figured this would be the best place for this type of thread. So, when ...

In Chaff » Career Networking
December 03, 10:17am

Game Plan
Has anyone ever told you people before that you are disgustingly generous? That's a complement :) Wow. The information, advice, even an invite to an upcoming backpacking trip - sick! Why di...

In GEAR » Starting Over
December 01, 6:08pm

Starting Over
You guys are awesome :) I should probably answer Mike's question first: "What is your personal "goal" with this stuff? Do you wanna hike the PCT or anything like that? Do you...

In GEAR » Starting Over
November 30, 1:38pm

Starting Over
Before I found out about light weight backpacking, I did my best and purchased some quality gear which I thought would serve as a good starting point. Months later, I watched Lynne Whelden's &q...

In GEAR » Starting Over
November 30, 8:02am

I found some scraps of Tyvek!
So I found some scraps of Tyvek the other day. I was surprised at how "loud" the material is when handling it. I read that an effective way to make the material quieter is to run it throu...

In GEAR » I found some scraps of Tyvek!
November 25, 4:56pm

Looking for a wool hooded base layer.
Hey Guys, I have been digging around the BPL forums, and the internet, for a few days in search of a base layer with the following features: - wool - microweight - hooded - front zipper (~...

In GEAR » Looking for a wool hooded base layer.
November 20, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick K

Nick K has posted no reviews.