BPL Community Profile

nanook ofthenorth (nanookofthenorth) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale nanook ofthenorth hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me nanook ofthenorth has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by nanook ofthenorth

Showing 131 - 140 of 787 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...79

Forum » Thread

Ultralight and Ultra Warm down jackets?
Seems like there is a whole category of down jackets with not that much info on them as a group - I'm talking about jackets like the RAB Infinity, Brooks Range Alpini, Westcomb Kookane and FF H...

In GEAR » Ultralight and Ultra Warm down jackets?
May 16, 11:09pm

Are you sure you mean the Microlite and not the Infinity? The MB is nice, nicer then the RAB I'd say looking at it in pics. That said I've been looking at the brooks range hoody the las...

In GEAR » Montbell Alpine Light VS RAB Microlight
May 16, 10:24pm

I had a Rab Summit Superlight or whatever they call them. Horrible tent for percipiention, the door was so flat you were lucky if you could leave the bottom unzipped. Really designed for crawling...

In Philosophy & Technique » Above treeline; rough weather and UL USA designed shelters in the UK
May 14, 8:45am

how much shipped to NA?

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
May 14, 7:55am

The Peak XV is nice but I bet you a quilted down jacket w/ about 9oz of fill would be perfect for what your doing. Something the a FF Helios or heavier street style patagonia down jacket/FA Guid...

In GEAR » Everest base camp trek in early December - down jacket recommendations?
May 14, 12:04am

for -20C I'd bring a Peak XV. But since you'll mainly be in tea houses at that temperature @night I might suggest something like the WM Flight which is about 1/2 the weight of the FA and ab...

In GEAR » Everest base camp trek in early December - down jacket recommendations?
May 13, 4:36pm

How do you guy out your flat tarp?
Wondering how people guy out their flat tarps? Do you use Ryan Jorden's method? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/00150.html Or Mike's http://www.backpackinglight...

In GEAR » How do you guy out your flat tarp?
May 13, 2:49pm

I'll take the pillow

In Gear Swap » FS: Montrail Hardrocks, Caldera Cone, Kookabay
May 13, 12:41pm

Ultralight Tip of the Week
Really enjoying the series... but is there any way this could update with the rest of the website on Tuesday lol?

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
May 12, 1:06pm

Brooks-Range Alpini Mountain Anorak - how warm?
How warm is this? Does the MB Alpine Light really feel warmer in use? I find that amazing!

In Editor's Roundtable » Brooks-Range Alpini Mountain Anorak Review
May 10, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by nanook ofthenorth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Phantom Jacket
Truly great jacket, light and fully featured. Very well vented. Only nitpick is that my BD Halfdome helmet 'barely' fits under the hood. If the hood was helmet compatible it would be my fav...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 14, 10:06pm