BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 131 - 140 of 247 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Wait period
Nate if you contact Joe he may be able to rush your job through if you need it sooner than 6 weeks. He's pretty flexible and aims to please.

In Gear Swap » WTB Hexamid Twin Tent
April 17, 3:30pm

Re: Gatewood
Firstly, I don't think you need a bivy with a poncho tarp necessarily. The gatewood gives quite a comfortable amount of coverage. The rainiest and most humid experience I have with it is in ...

In GEAR » Poncho tarp, GW Cape or flat tarp? Help me!
April 17, 3:25pm

Re: Go for it
Make the switch. Soon as your ankles gain a little strength you'll be very pleased with the results. Light weight shoes give you a much better feel for the terrain. You'll move faster, m...

In GEAR » Help! Afraid of non-traditional hiking boots!
April 17, 3:12pm

Re: All lies
"Aerobic Oxygen does not have a formula, it is a compound created by a process and reaction to the ingredients used to produce the non-toxic, stable oxygen compound that it is." That i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » "Aerobic Oxygen"- Reliable Way to Purify Water?
April 16, 10:07pm

Re: Post Hike
I have to agree with Mags, stopping by Oskar Blues after spending some time in RMNP is a must. Over all I think any post hike activity is typically food centric--crappy diner coffee and breakfast,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 15, 9:36pm

Re: Boots?
If you want to go ultralight the first thing you should do is trash your boots and then get Dirty Girl gaitors or Simblissity.

In GEAR » gaiters: MLD lightest/best?
April 15, 10:39am

Re: Water Purification
If I remember correctly, we were told to not even drink from the water sources that ran through cattle pastures. Our trek was in the northern part and with the experience I've had since I don&...

In Philmont » Water Purification - Really?
April 12, 11:28pm

Re: Hiking alone
I like getting into heated ethical, political, and philosophical discussions with myself. Haha. But really... Being out alone does tend to lead to long days of hiking but I typically always see...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 12, 11:15pm

Re: US Gear
I love this thread idea. Personally have tried to purchase as much US made cottage gear I can. The hardest to find US made are shoes, certain clothing items and then all the misc stuff. Shoes be...

In GEAR » Creating an ALL USA MADE UL Gear List
April 11, 7:47pm

Re:
I'm with Mike. +1 for a trash bag.

In GEAR » What dry/compression bag do you use for your sleeping bag?
April 10, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.