BPL Community Profile

Jeff Gerke (mtnrunner) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Utah
About Me Jeff Gerke has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Gerke

Showing 131 - 140 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

GoLite Jam vs Jam2
I was wondering what differences there are between the Jam and Jam2. They are both about the same size but the Jam2 is around 10oz lighter. Golite does not list the Jam2 on their website so maybe...

In GEAR » GoLite Jam vs Jam2
October 13, 9:51am

Re: Alcohol Stove
Thanks for the great input everyone. Harald, thanks for the in depth reply. Lots of good info. Looks like I need to tinker around with the alcohol stoves more. My first impression was that I wo...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove
September 22, 8:46am

Alcohol Stove
I made a homemade alcohol stove using the video Andrew Skurka did. Tonight I tested it out and didn't have very good results. The alcohol burns out before I can bring a liter of water to boil...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove
September 21, 7:11pm

Running Warehouse
I buy a lot of my shoes online from running warehouse. Google for running warehouse coupons and you can usually find something to get an additional discount. I typically save about $20-$30 off of...

In GEAR » inexpensive trail shoes
September 19, 7:20am

Gear List Questions
I've started making my first ever gear list. When creating my spread sheet do I include items like matches, stove fuel, sunscreen, bug juice, soap ect. Are these items considered consumables ...

In GEAR » Gear List Questions
September 15, 7:42pm

Backpacking Books
What are some good books that I could read about light weight backpacking? So far I have read Lighten Up and Ultralight Backpacking Tips. Both had great info. Are there any DVD's out there o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking Books
September 01, 2:19pm

Re: Sleeping Pad advice
Thanks for all the great info!

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad advice
August 25, 11:02am

Sleeping Pad advice
I'm still new to backpacking and not really sure what all my options are for sleeping pads. I've done occasional backpacking trips in the past but am now getting serious about it. I bough...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad advice
August 24, 9:53am

Rab Quantum Top Bag AR
Is the Rab Quantum Top Bag AR a decent bag? Found a 60% off sale and not many left so I need to act soon.

In GEAR » Rab Quantum Top Bag AR
August 22, 1:25pm

Bear Spray
I was curious how many of you carry bear spray when in areas that have grizzlies. Do you think most backpackers do? I'm going to be running a route in the Tetons and thought it might be a goo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Spray
August 12, 8:24am

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Gerke

Jeff Gerke has posted no reviews.