BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 131 - 140 of 813 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...82

Forum » Thread

pm sent
I'll take the size 6 Please pm ppal info

In Gear Swap » FS: WOMEN'S CONVERTIBLE HIKING PANTS ASST. SIZES
October 05, 3:09pm

Re: Western Mountaineering
I believe the mega lite is 30° the summer lite 32° the highlite 35° but I didnt check so I might be wrong like someone else.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags
October 04, 11:24am

Re: Re: Hmm..
I would be especially careful stuffing synthetics The batts seem to get torn. My first bag was a polar guard hv the salesman showed me how to stuff it and got pretty physical with it and that'...

In GEAR » Down quilt/bag...stuff or not stuff?
October 03, 7:39pm

Re: Re: Are hammocks hot in the summer
Insulation at 65° wow I wouldn't have guessed that. Thanks for all the responces. What would you guys recommend for something cheap to see if I like sleeping in one,I'm sure I could rig a ...

In Hammocks » Are hammocks hot in the summer
October 02, 1:28pm

Are hammocks hot in the summer
Is the fabric used in hammocks breathable other wise does it get sweaty where your skin meets the fabric and having it wrap around you. I've never used one but thinking about it

In Hammocks » Are hammocks hot in the summer
October 02, 11:03am

Hip belts
May I have them Please?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Duomid, Black Diamond trekking poles, PIF, and more
October 02, 7:39am

Re: Re: Lightest full featured tent?
I second Doug I on the light heart solo I have the poormans version in sil with no awning 27oz Its has every thing I need. I'm 5'10" its got a lot of space

In GEAR » Lightest full featured tent?
October 01, 9:19pm

Re: Re: Snow Peak Ti Trek 700 Mug + JetBoil PCS Lid - weight?
Pot 3.2 oz or 93g, jet boil lid 35g, foil lid made out of an oven liner sheet or pie pan 4g measures .003" thick cut 1" bigger than dia. of pot folded over and secured with rubber band wh...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Ti Trek 700 Mug + JetBoil PCS Lid - weight?
October 01, 8:27pm

Re: Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
The only bottles I have ever had problems with were my first old white nalgenes they got brittle and broke all my lexans are good. I will take the weight savings of disposable bottles I've not ...

In GEAR » Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
October 01, 8:03pm

Re: New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
The box is on the way to Reggie Garrett. I kept not one but two micro drop bottles WOO HOO. Actually there was still some nice stuff just nothing that I could or would use. BPL member Doug Thomas a...

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
October 01, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.