BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 131 - 140 of 1406 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...141

Forum » Thread

Montbell Stretch Semi-Long Spats versus MH Scree
Thank you Will for another report and review. Just wanted to ask: 1) How would you best summarize the difference between the Montbell Stretch Semi-Long Spats and Mountain Hardware Scree? Which...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
June 30, 6:17pm

Leki length; Anyone try the Leki flick locks? Bueller? Bueller?
The Leki's may have the advantage in length (my AL Leki twist lock poles are totally solid at 135cm). Wish there was some feedback on their new flick lock models.

In GEAR » BD Alpine Carbon Cork 2012 vs 2013
May 30, 8:52pm

BD usable length; Anyone have any experience with the Leki flick locks?
When extended fully to the stop line, is there enough length of the fully extended pole within the next pole to keep the pole rock steady (not wobbly at all) when walking with it as well as when us...

May 29, 10:05pm

Leki flick lock carbon and AL; Carbon vs. AL; Anyone try the Leki flick locks?
I've heard quite a few reports of SUL carbon poles breaking. Perhaps the BD and Leki carbon poles are much stronger given their thickness and weight. Note that carbon tent poles are under muc...

May 29, 2:04pm

FYI Leki Flicklock Trekker models same weight longer length
I haven't tried any of them yet, but Leki has adjustable carbon and aluminum flick lock poles with the same long handle padding that weigh the same 15-16 oz. The Leki poles also have a wider r...

May 29, 1:32am

Arcteryx Rampart, Palisade, Parapet, Perimeter and Rabat pants
Daniel I'm the gear buyer for my better half as well. If she's not comfortable, I'm not going to be...and we're always on the lookout for a great pair of hiking pants. Hope this h...

In GEAR » Gear Recommendation: Hiking Pants for Hot Weather Summer
May 07, 12:12am

Pants; Eric check out EWG's website for better sunblocks than Neutrogena
Pants. I simply don't hike in shorts. Hate having to apply sunblock to such a large area. Eric Neutrogena has some nasty stuff in it - check for the best rated sunblocks on EWG's web...

In GEAR » Sun Protection for Legs?
May 06, 11:53pm

Trangia so far lightest and widest hard anodized pots for volume; Sumi - found same
Sumi I also found that the Trangia 27 and 25 pots and Four Dog Sierra set are perhaps the absolute lightest hard anodized pots out there for the volume. The larger 25 series Trangia pots are nice ...

In GEAR » Favorite Hard Anodized Al Pots, solo, 2p and 3-4p group?
April 23, 11:27pm

Kovea Supalite (Snow Peak Litemax) or Firemaple FMS-116T (Monatauk Gnat)?
Which do you prefer and why?

In GEAR » Kovea Supalite (Snow Peak Litemax) or Firemaple FMS-116T (Monatauk Gnat)?
April 18, 9:46pm

Sectionhiker review of Esbit HE alcohol cookset with pot, lid, alcohol stove and stand
Phil at Sectionhiker has a review of the Esbit HE alcohol cookset. It's quite heavy and could be significantly lightened by using a lighter lid, lighter pot stand and lighter stove (and for th...

In GEAR » High Efficiency Pots: Optimus Terra Weekend .95L & Olicamp XTS 1L?
April 16, 11:17pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm