BPL Community Profile

Chris Peichel (momo) - BPL Guest

My Locale Eureka
About Me Chris Peichel has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Peichel

Showing 131 - 140 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Down topquilt
backwoodsdaydreamer sells a .9oz noseeum, thats what I used for the UQ. Javen told me hammockgear might sell precut baffles, but I have not emailed him yet. I think his baffle material might ev...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down topquilt questions
October 11, 7:28am

Down topquilt
Evan, No, I am not going to buy the thru-hiker kit. I am planning on using the 1.1oz olive ripstop from backwoodsdaydreamer, and the 800 fill from hammockgear. I made an underquilt with these ...

October 10, 10:07pm

Down topquilt
Thanks Tim, I will plan on the closer baffle spacing.

October 10, 9:12pm

MLD ul hammock tarp
I too would like to know, wish I had the extra cash to buy one. It seems like it would be perfect for a just in case. I am seriously considering getting one, but funds won't be around for a ...

In Hammocks » MLD UL hammock tarp ?
October 10, 7:52pm

Down topquilt questions
Planning a topquilt. Goal is a 30deg quilt for use in my hammock. Already made an underquilt. I am 5-09 155lbs, and a somewhat warm sleeper. I want to do a drawstring footbox, how much extr...

October 10, 7:48pm

update
Finally had a chance to use the underquilt. Wow... way better than a ccf pad. Temps dropped to 38-39deg and I was toasty. Things I could/should have done differently: If I would have made it...

In Hammocks » Under Quilt
October 07, 10:44pm

3 season underquilt
Kris, Normally light and cheap don't go together well...unless you make it yourself, at least with underquilts. For synthetic UQ's check out arrowheadequipment.com They have a Los...

In Hammocks » Need light season underquilt cheap!
October 03, 7:18pm

Stay with down
Joe, Have you considered opening up one end of the quilt and adding a couple ounces of down. More down in each chamber would help prevent the shifting. Even if you added several ounces of down...

In Make Your Own Gear » From down to synthetic quilt
October 03, 6:56pm

Myog Pack
Great job! I like the color, good choice around here right now with deer season. Does your pack have a pad sleeve opening just below where the top of the shoulder straps attach?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 26, 10:42pm

warbonnet footbox
Thanks for the pictures. Makes sense now. BTW... If you haven't checked out Paul's site, AHE, it is well worth a look. Very good prices, excellent customer service and immediate shipping...

In Hammocks » Warbonnet "footbox"?
September 25, 7:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Peichel

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Helios jacket epic fabric
I have the helios jacket with the epic fabric, ff says 15oz (I need to buy a scale). I have had this jacket for almost 2yrs. This jacket fits me great, sizes run a little snug so try on if possible or...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 10, 9:56pm