November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Peichel (momo) - BPL Guest

My Locale Eureka
About Me Chris Peichel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Peichel

Showing 131 - 140 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Down topquilt
backwoodsdaydreamer sells a .9oz noseeum, thats what I used for the UQ. Javen told me hammockgear might sell precut baffles, but I have not emailed him yet. I think his baffle material might ev...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down topquilt questions
October 11, 7:28am

Down topquilt
Evan, No, I am not going to buy the thru-hiker kit. I am planning on using the 1.1oz olive ripstop from backwoodsdaydreamer, and the 800 fill from hammockgear. I made an underquilt with these ...

October 10, 10:07pm

Down topquilt
Thanks Tim, I will plan on the closer baffle spacing.

October 10, 9:12pm

MLD ul hammock tarp
I too would like to know, wish I had the extra cash to buy one. It seems like it would be perfect for a just in case. I am seriously considering getting one, but funds won't be around for a ...

In Hammocks » MLD UL hammock tarp ?
October 10, 7:52pm

Down topquilt questions
Planning a topquilt. Goal is a 30deg quilt for use in my hammock. Already made an underquilt. I am 5-09 155lbs, and a somewhat warm sleeper. I want to do a drawstring footbox, how much extr...

October 10, 7:48pm

Finally had a chance to use the underquilt. Wow... way better than a ccf pad. Temps dropped to 38-39deg and I was toasty. Things I could/should have done differently: If I would have made it...

In Hammocks » Under Quilt
October 07, 10:44pm

3 season underquilt
Kris, Normally light and cheap don't go together well...unless you make it yourself, at least with underquilts. For synthetic UQ's check out They have a Los...

In Hammocks » Need light season underquilt cheap!
October 03, 7:18pm

Stay with down
Joe, Have you considered opening up one end of the quilt and adding a couple ounces of down. More down in each chamber would help prevent the shifting. Even if you added several ounces of down...

In Make Your Own Gear » From down to synthetic quilt
October 03, 6:56pm

Myog Pack
Great job! I like the color, good choice around here right now with deer season. Does your pack have a pad sleeve opening just below where the top of the shoulder straps attach?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 26, 10:42pm

warbonnet footbox
Thanks for the pictures. Makes sense now. BTW... If you haven't checked out Paul's site, AHE, it is well worth a look. Very good prices, excellent customer service and immediate shipping...

In Hammocks » Warbonnet "footbox"?
September 25, 7:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Peichel

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Feathered Friends Helios jacket epic fabric
I have the helios jacket with the epic fabric, ff says 15oz (I need to buy a scale). I have had this jacket for almost 2yrs. This jacket fits me great, sizes run a little snug so try on if possible or...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 10, 9:56pm