Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 131 - 140 of 278 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Rethinking ten essentials
John: Very Interesting approach! The use of grouping makes sense to me and covers the critical areas that any outdoor experience should encompass. This approach would allow for a dicussion of what...

In GEAR » The Ten Essentials
May 31, 10:43am

Re: James, re:The Ten Essentials
Brett: I think its important to note that the list, complete with references to cotton and sweatshirts is an older list. Talk to most scout leaders and they are just as aware as most of us that co...

May 30, 11:15am

Re: The Ten Essentials
Dough: You know I think it's interesting that in many of the forum posts here that UL and SUL packers seem content to sacrifice safety for weight considerations. We all struggle with weight bu...

May 29, 11:22am

The Ten Essentials
This thread grew out of a response to Mike Cleland!'s article on "Sharp Things..." posted in the Editor's Roundtable. I posed the question: Do we lightweight backpackers still car...

May 25, 6:23pm

Re: Ultralight Knives and Other Sharp Things
OK, I am truly schizophrenic about this. On the one hand I love my collection of knives. I have a buck that my Grandad gave my dad and then he gave it to me on his deathbed. Love the feel of this p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Knives and Other Sharp Things
May 23, 11:50am

Re: Ursack shenanigins
Kevin: terrific Idea!! Now why hadn't thought of that. Thanks

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packing a Bear Canister
May 15, 11:17am

Re: Packing a Bear Canister
Just a question those of you who have used the Ursacks. I own one of the original sprectra 29s without the aluminum liner. Has anyone tried to use aluminum sheathing or some other lighter weight li...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packing a Bear Canister
May 14, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Stove Users, Need Your Help
Nathaniel: My caldera was constructed to match the 20 oz AGG pot. On the TD website you will find that they have stove kits to match up with the pots you had in mind. Also on the TD site is a link...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users, Need Your Help
May 10, 8:42pm

Re: Alcohol Stove Users, Need Your Help
Nathaniel: Check my review of the Caldera stove here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=7056 I think you will find this to be...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users, Need Your Help
May 10, 11:20am

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Sleeping System using MB UL Synth #3
Dondo: Look for my reader review after early June when I get back from a trip I have planned for 4 nights near Thousand Islands Lake in the Eastern Sierras. I hope to use this bag exclusively as ...

In GEAR » Synthetic Sleeping System
May 09, 11:23am

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm