BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 131 - 140 of 266 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...27

Forum » Thread

Replying
Newton- 1.I ahve made the first pictured stove but have not covered the filler hole....will give that a go 2.I have also made the second picture one and placed the jets in the same location but t...

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
January 01, 7:02pm

being rough on gear and the lid
I look after my gear really well and am noticing that some of the UL options are all about finikier materials which need more handling care. My main concern is a slip on the trail, a bump into a ro...

In GEAR » Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
January 01, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
Thanks for posting the Lite Trail option!! Okay that it's nearly twice the weight and price but the durability is a big plus. Though I am told that the beer alu cans that have the ribbing in th...

January 01, 6:07pm

Re: Re: how come esbit is not more popular?
Thanks John for the link :)

January 01, 5:18am

Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
Hi guys, I've searched BPL for reviews of this product but can't find any info. Just wondering if anyone has this and if you could just say a couple words of your experience. I am rea...

January 01, 4:58am

Reply to Newton
"Mik, What stove and alcohol are you using that leaves this residue? Party On, Newton" I made one of those 2 aluminium can bottom alcohol stoves...not sure what is the officia...

January 01, 12:25am

Residue???
My alcohol stove leaves a black residue as well.....

December 31, 9:54pm

how come esbit is not more popular?
Using esbit as a fuel sorce to boil water is surely a lighter option than an alcohol fuel stove system. I mean the alcohol system includes the stove + alcohol + the lightweight plastic bottle for c...

December 31, 9:11pm

Bump
bumpy

In Gear Swap » Wanted - ULA Ohm/ Ohm 2
December 30, 10:14pm

hmm
I wonder how the 10-12 stove in a coldera cone keeps the alcohol not burning too fast? I didn't even think that the cone would obviously capture more heat in and that may affect alcohol evapora...

In GEAR » does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
December 30, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am