BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 131 - 140 of 283 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Bending Titanium (repeatedly)
With all scientific analysis put aside. I have a Snow Peak Ti spork. I bend it slightly to where each end is about 2.5 to 3 inches apart so it will fit in one of my pots. I have owned this spork f...

In GEAR » Bending Titanium (repeatedly)
September 13, 12:27pm

Re: (Yosemite Valley -> Devils Postpile)
Your picture of Mist Trail really captures the 'pot-of-gold' at the end of the rainbow. Beautiful pictures.

In Post-Trip Reports » (Yosemite Valley -> Devils Postpile) and Tuolumne Pictures
September 11, 9:06pm

RE: BMW Tarps and Beaks
I believe "beaks" may be trademarked; you may want to look at the post in the "Chaff" section on Ray Jardine Trademarks. All kidding aside, I agree some form of protection on the open ends of a t...

In GEAR » Bozeman tarps and beaks
September 09, 3:25pm

Ray Jardine Claims
I have to hand it to Ray Jardine... he has inspired many, and has come up with some great ideas. On the other hand, I have to question some of his claims. One example is his "Butterfly Clove Hitch"...

In Chaff » Ray Jardine doesn't like people who notice his trademarks are fake
September 09, 3:06pm

Re: Seychelle filter question
The first time I flushed mine I actually put it inline with my Big Zip Platy - then let gravity do the work. May use a bit more water, and it took about 45 minutes to filter 3 liters the first time...

In GEAR » Seychelle filter question
September 02, 9:14pm

Re: If you think outside the box...
Doh! (roflmao about Homer)

In GEAR » best alcohol stove for simmering
September 02, 8:02am

Trangia and simmer
Glen, I too use the Clikstand and the simmer ring works great. I can bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes with just 2 ounces. Yes the twist top is a little stiff at first, but it will loosen ...

August 30, 2:17pm

Re: best alcohol stove for simmering
IMHO, I believe the Trangia Stove is the best alcohol stove for simmering that is all inclusive. This is because of the adjustable cap that you can set before placing it over the flame. It can also...

August 29, 3:11pm

Canister Windscreen
The windscreen in the example is for the Giga Power stove. I use a Brunton Crux and that design would not work. What I have done for my windscreen is take a piece of Aluminum Flashing and cut i...

In GEAR » canister stove windscreen
August 29, 2:07pm

Backpacking Food Taste Test
Were these Entrees only selected by participants at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market? I am surprised some of Mountain House products were not reviewed. Most of the MH items only require adding ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Food Taste Test: Entrées (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2005)
August 26, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm