BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 131 - 140 of 417 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...42

Forum » Thread

Hmmm.. Don't like mud
Just thinking of using them for general hiking. The "guide" model are mid height. The reason I liked them is that they fit me well - which isn't trivial for my flat foot. But if in...

In GEAR » Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
October 23, 3:17am

Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
Looked at these in a shop and they felt quite comfortable. They also said the "stealth" rubber is gripper than vibram. Any experience with these shoes? Mike

In GEAR » Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
October 20, 2:06pm

thanks! contact lenses solved it :)
I have small dropper bottles but really hard to get cream into them. the contact lens container works a charm! Thanks all Mike

In GEAR » How do you store cream medication on the trail
October 17, 7:39am

How do you store cream medication on the trail
So I want to repackage several creams that I will NOT use regularly (say anti fungal cream, cream for cold sores, etc) I dont want to use the normal cream dispensers (like the ones I use for say ...

In GEAR » How do you store cream medication on the trail
October 16, 10:36am

synth is an option
Derrik i use an MLD climashiled quilt as an over bag. The upside is that its more weather proof (which I assume as weather gets colder is more important) AND the dew point will be in the synth b...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag AND Quilt together?
October 15, 3:28pm

Narrow pot
Saw that... Prob is I use narrow pots (bpl 550 or snow peak 700) so the pot support is wider than the pot (I actually use it with folded pot support) Mike

In GEAR » Help - windscreen for Kovea Supalite
October 12, 4:13am

Zip cold spot
@jerry- a bit of confusion here. The OP was about sleeping bags with a top zipper in the middle (eg stoic, nunatak alpinist, golite adrenaline) in these cases the zip is on your chest... And if you...

In GEAR » Center zip sleeping bags?
October 12, 4:06am

Help - windscreen for Kovea Supalite
i have a Kovea Supalite (older version that looks like image below (just without the piezo assembly so its basically very similar to the Supalite) i'm trying to make a windscreen for it but ...

In GEAR » Help - windscreen for Kovea Supalite
October 11, 4:19pm

as suspected..and cuben?
suspected as much....they also $$ much more (1L GG sil was 25usd here while Exped 1L PU was 7.5USD!!!) are the cuben drybags the ultimate solution? or do they have similar issues? M

In GEAR » Leaking silnyl drybags??
October 10, 6:50am

sleep system?
RJ - as always nice looking photos :) RE sleep system: what down fill weight was in Ben's pullover? and why did you opt for a down jkt while synth pants? I would assume you donned the jkt o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay
October 10, 6:28am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am