BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 131 - 140 of 775 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...78

Forum » Thread

?
Richard, I didn't get your PM, email me at mfog1@att.net

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch
May 02, 7:45pm

Sold: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Sold
2010 Katabatic Gear Sawatch quilt, size 6' $300.00 shipped (used for 5 nights) Paypal preferred Quilt is sold to Roger M.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch
May 02, 12:09pm

For Sale?
If this is true, then I'll be putting up my lightly used Sawatch for sale, and purchase the same, but in the new wider width.

In GEAR » Katabatic Wide Quilts
May 01, 11:02pm

both packs
I have both packs and the Circuit will handle and carry a 25lb+ load better than the Mariposa, is more durable, and has a better load bearing hip-belt as well.

In GEAR » JMT Pack: Mariposa v. Circuit
April 27, 8:44pm

Dig it
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2525735110100930373ckrvsx?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 10:50pm

wide
I like a 55" wide quilt better, but 52" wide is OK too, just don't go less than 52". I have a Katabatic Sawatch quilt which I believe is 52" wide and a Nuntatak Arc Specalis...

In GEAR » Girth
April 26, 7:00pm

2lb limit ?
Forget about the 2lb pack weight limit, and you can open things up a bit.I'll throw my McHale Merkebeiner into the ring, and still be left standing, although,I'm not sure that it meets your...

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 6:49pm

Pictures
Meanwhile here's some pictures to wet your whistle: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/579899924HCFIQA?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » Any McHale packs in the Denver area?
April 25, 10:49pm

treat all water
I treat all my water using Aqua Mira, and can heat 24oz of cold water hot enough(close to a boil) for a meal and coffee etc, using one Esbit tab,with a Evernew .9 un-coated short Ti. pot,TD Sidewin...

In GEAR » Is one large boil more fuel efficient than two small?
April 23, 7:23pm

External
If your main objective is to carry most of the weight on the hips, I'd consider an external framed pack.(adjustable torso) As for an internal framed pack, McHale packs are designed to carry ...

In GEAR » Pack weight transfer question
April 23, 11:07am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm