BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 131 - 140 of 2736 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...274

Forum » Thread

Borah Gear Snowyside
Bikepacking and bike touring is my specialty! And yes, you're right, flat ground is almost ALWAYS at a premium. When you do find nice, open tracts of forest to camp in, you're almost always...

In GEAR » Flat tarps, rectangular tarps and bivy sacks
July 08, 12:22pm

Arcteryx Covert Case
Arcteryx just made some new travel bags. Check out the Covert Case. Weighs 1kg @ 40L with backpack straps and no external frills whatsoever. I just bought the Index 10+10 and it's a nic...

In GEAR » Sub 1 kg carry-on bag (not backpacking)
July 08, 9:57am

My Favorite Bag
That this hasn't sold already is a baffling fact. This is one of the lightest synthetic sleeping bags on the market. It's an astoundingly good bag. I've used it for about a year now,...

In Gear Swap » FS - Mountain Hardware Ultralamina 15 bag
July 07, 11:29am

Hammocks
Hammocks are cooler in weather that hot. Just beware skeeters biting your butt.

In GEAR » Tent Fan
July 07, 11:13am

Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 07, 11:05am

Underoos
I know! They're still here! It's almost like everyone was RIGHT!!!

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2
July 06, 10:21am

Pif
I would love these. Thanks! Sending info

In Gear Swap » PIF: Acorn Fleece Socks Large
July 04, 8:53pm

Go With Your Gut
I don't want to sound dismissive. This is a great thread; you've presented the options in a really clear way. It sounds to me like the GoLite is your favorite. Just go with your GoLite!...

In GEAR » Give me your opinions in my shelter
July 03, 2:54pm

Footprint
If you think you'll always have room for the Golite tarp, I'd bring it! But, the sections of the AT I've hiked occasionally had limited camping space. In the Northeast (my neck of the w...

July 03, 2:53pm

Bivy + Tarp
Keep in mind, you will be setting up your shelter over... and over... and over... and over... In my opinion, the Bivy plus the flat tarp is ideal. here's why: 1. You can use your bivy bag...

July 03, 2:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm