Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 131 - 140 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

altimeter
Inaki makes an interesting point, but I am not sure that is true in my experience. The advantage of having the altimeter integrated with the GPS is that the altimeter and the gps can work together...

In GEAR » Basic GPS Recommendations?
November 06, 7:36am

altimeter
I find the altimeter on the 301 to be very useful, and I use that at least as much as the GPS function. Since I usually know where I am and where I want to be, knowing my altitude is pretty much a...

November 05, 8:09pm

H series
I forgot the that the basic etrex H has the "high sensitivity" receiver. WAAS is something different (the geko has WAAS too). But if you are carrying the weight of the etrex you might a...

November 05, 10:44am

gekos
I have the geko 301. What are you intending to do with the "you are here" fix? Do you then want to translate that to your papermap based on UTM or something? I have never tried that, b...

November 05, 9:34am

NRS microlight
Although billed as a river/paddling shirt, I find microlight to be very cool and comfortable, so much so that I bike in mine during the summer. It isn't my first choice for hiking, since I hav...

In GEAR » Short Sleeve Baselayer with a collar
October 26, 7:44am

Rei T3
I bought the REI T3 this year. It is short in length, but otherwise it is probably big enough, though tight, for a couple and a child to fit in. At 4lbs or so, it is also about the lightest 3 per...

In GEAR » Tent options for 3
October 15, 9:12pm

IMO take the nuptse
I should admit that I haven't camped in the middle of winter and never at temps like that. But I have snowshoed in the mountains a lot. Twice last winter I went out when the temp at the trail...

In GEAR » At what temp do you leave your Thermawrap (or similar) at home?
September 24, 12:06pm

beyondfleece
Beyondfleece, now beyondclothing, will custom make what you want based on your actual size. For a winter weight soft shell, the cold fusion would be a great choice (I have one, now going on 5-6 ye...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Which apparel makers are recommended for tall, skinny body types?
September 22, 9:45am

ursack
For hiking, the ursack sounds nice and light and I would want one. Except they are not approved in the high peaks of the adirondaks either. My plan if I do a hike over there is just to rent the b...

In GEAR » bear canisters
September 19, 9:09pm

blue barrel
Although not UL and not marketed as truly bear proof, blue barrels are extremely popular for food storage for canoe trips. They are much larger than a bear canister, and fit nicely in a canoe. I ...

In GEAR » bear canisters
September 19, 7:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.