Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Ling (ling_jd) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale columbus ohio
About Me i'm fairly new to backpacking and i'm very enthusiastic about the ultra/superultralight challenge. i'm venturing into the world of MYOG, but i've been sewing for a few years now.
Citycolumbus
Stateohio
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListWinter gear list 1.4.08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Ling

Showing 131 - 140 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Can't Complain
don't fret if you happened to miss an order of the rocky road bars. they're NAAAAA-sty.

In Gear Deals » Balance Bars at Amazon.com
May 09, 7:03pm

Re: Windscreen foil
Hi George, I'm not sure how it compares with the windscreens you speak of, but I made one out of the large aluminum tins used for roasting turkeys/grilling meat (at least I think that's wha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Windscreen foil
May 09, 4:45pm

$25 polarized shades
I know we're not supposed to post SAC deals. but man this is good! go go go It's at steepandcheap.com for those who don't know. Buy two. sell one on ebay to offset the cost.

In Gear Deals » $25 polarized shades
May 08, 9:48am

Re: Balance Bars at Amazon.com
It doesn't seem to be working anymore.

May 08, 9:43am

Re: Re: Took the plunge... Whisper Uberlight Pack
I'm in a similar boat James. I just took my Whisper out this past weekend for the first time for an overnighter (of 40 miles), and I was very pleased. Personally, I think there is ample space i...

In GEAR » Took the plunge... Whisper Uberlight Pack
May 08, 8:09am

Re: Re: anybody know
Mine expire in December. The three boxes should keep me cyling all the way through the summer.

May 07, 10:41pm

anybody know
has amazon caught this yet? My first box arrived today and boy am I thrilled!

May 07, 6:06pm

Re: i've used the coffee pods
You can set the used tea/coffee bag up against your heated windscreen the next time you use your stove to dry it out super fast. I've done this with tea bags, and it's amazing how quick it ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using Espresso Pods for pack-it-out backpacking
May 07, 11:50am

Re: Thrift store bargains
I found a Moonstone alpine-weight down jacket for something like $3 at a thrift store here in Columbus. It's not ultralight (maybe close to lightweight). I comb the thrift stores in the area he...

In Gear Deals » Thrift store bargains
May 05, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Re: gear list help
Thanks Doug, I plan to do just that. I'm leaving tomorrow for a short trip, and probably won't do much to change the big items just yet. We'll see how this set up treats me. This will...

In Gear Lists » Finally put together a gear list. HELP!
May 02, 7:20am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Ling

Justin Ling has posted no reviews.