BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 131 - 140 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

fish and pancakes
actually, i tried pancakes in this pot, and it was a disaster. perhaps you need lots of oil to make it work. but i gave up on pancakes. also if fish, i'd rather wrap it in foil and cook either ...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
August 31, 11:12am

i vote for non-stick
I have a 1.3 Evernew Ti pot with non-stick coating. I've had it for 6 years now. This pot held up pretty well. Non-stick doesn't mean you can cook in it, and it won't stick like in your...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
August 31, 11:07am

simblissity
"some have said the BPL headnet is BPL product that is made my Simblissity. FWIW, mine has a Simblissity tag, but there is no mention of BPL." yes Simblissity makes the headnets and BP...

In GEAR » Mosiquito Headnet
August 31, 10:56am

BPL net
Definitely get the Backpacking Light Ultralight Mosquito Headnet made by Simblissity gear. I went out without one at the peak of mosquito season and i thought i wouldn't make it alive :). it...

In GEAR » Mosiquito Headnet
August 30, 12:16pm

lived in Flagstaff - weird weather patterns
You never know but Flagstaff can get pretty cold in October. The highs and lows are pretty drastic in that area. also remember the days are much shorter. I used to live 2 years in Flagstaff and the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for freezing: I know nothing
August 25, 3:50pm

Holden?
Not sure about Olympics being any better weather then Cascades; would assume its quite the opposite. Also, be prepared to carry bear canisters as they are required thru lots of parts of Olympic NP....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekend October backpacking trip to Cascade Mountains?
August 25, 3:34pm

Pertex Quantum vs. Event
does anyone have experience with pertex quantum fabrics in rain wear? i'm looking at Rab's bivies, one made of pertex and one of event. the weight difference is 10 oz, the price differe...

In GEAR » Pertex Quantum vs. Event
August 24, 12:24pm

zephyrs
Hi, are these still for sale? Can you email me with a picture to lenchik101@hotmail.com thank you

In Gear Swap » FS Kayland Zephyrs 10.5 (Mens)
August 23, 6:32pm

adding warmth to your "base" scenario
Hi, I live in Pac NW. I usually use Icebreaker bodyfit zip t combined with my Montbell UL Down parka for all hiking/climbing situations. When I need to add extra warmth (Mt. Rainier), i add Moun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Frustrated:: Need options Base layer
August 22, 12:53pm

SD Clip Flashlight vs. Tarptent DR
I own both SD Clip Flashlight (older version) and Tarptent DR (new version). here are some of my comments/suggestions SD Clip Flashlight -great waterproofness, was floating in 3 inches of water...

In GEAR » Soliciting tent opinions...
August 03, 11:54am

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm