BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 460 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...46

Forum » Thread

womens packs
Chris, I don't have any experience carrying a bear bag, but has she tried a Deuter? Supportive and comfortable. Not UL, but a few are under 3 lbs. REI carries some of them.

In GEAR » Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
December 04, 5:34pm

blazes
Good thoughts Luke, thanks.

In Chaff » Painting over trail blazes?
December 01, 4:03pm

re: paint/trees
Ken, Mostly oak/hickory,but some pines as well. With the flat blk/grey, pines will be an issue, lots of rusty brown...undercoating....hmmmm, interesting...is it latex? Craig, I like that idea.

December 01, 12:59pm

Painting over trail blazes?
I didn't know where to put this....Someone went into a local wilderness area and blazed a bunch of the trail with bright yellow (possibly oil based) paint. There are a few of us that are under ...

December 01, 7:06am

re:Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
Great report Paul, Southern UT is on my wish list! Thanks for sharing; your trip reports are one of the highlights of this forum.

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
November 27, 4:05am

Puffys for Puppies
"9.8 lbs of hiking fury" lol, she is too cute. Awesome job Konrad, both for the jacket and for giving her what is undoubtedly a wonderful life, not to mention a very chic winter look :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Puffys for Puppies
November 26, 5:39pm

re: A Nostalgic Hike with Chuckawalla Bill
Your subject title caught my attention, having read the book. Enjoyed your story and will check out the others,as I always love to hear from other "seasoned" hikers; gives me inspiration....

In Post-Trip Reports » A Nostalgic Hike with Chuckawalla Bill
November 26, 4:03am

Christmas List
@Ken T “Another Duomid in olive. I don't know why I sold this off the first two times.” Ken, I can see selling once, but twice?? :-) Having said that I guess a cuben Duomid would be ver...

In Chaff » Christmas wish list
November 25, 6:28am

Summerlite
Sorry, regular, I amended OP. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Summerlite, Smartwool socks, Possumdown mittens
November 24, 8:27am

"FS: WM Summerlite, Smartwool socks, Possumdown mittens"
Bump with price updates and new items. See OP.

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Summerlite, Smartwool socks, Possumdown mittens
November 24, 7:03am

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.