BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 131 - 140 of 242 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Thanks
Yes, definitely use Wordpress or Tumblr or something. I promise you that you will sell zero backpacks with a website like that. Christ, that is an awful website. Alternatively, I take freelance...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 12:35am

Re: Re: Re: MLD TrailStar - Cuben
I'll have to try that next time I'm out. Thanks Ron!

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar - Cuben
December 12, 9:38pm

Re: MLD TrailStar - Cuben
I really doubt that'd help. If the tarp is pitched well, there isn't any slack in the door at all. On the contrary, the whole thing is drum tight. If the tie-outs were there, you could conc...

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar - Cuben
December 12, 5:27pm

Re: _
IMO the compromises needed to use nonbreathable gear, and to make your raingear double as shelter, outweigh the benefits. The poncho tarps exemplify the overused saying about tarps in general: &q...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 2: Overview of Individual Products
December 06, 1:43pm

Re: Links in the body of posts
To make this even easier (I really want this implemented), I wrote some javascript that does this for you. Drop it in your main.js file and this will just work, and will have the added bonus of wor...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Links in the body of posts
December 05, 6:17pm

Links in the body of posts
Why isn't there auto detection of URLs in the body of posts, and yet there's a naughty word filter? You cats are obviously smart enough to build custom(?) forum software, so for the love of...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Links in the body of posts
December 05, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Posting style
I know this has totally devolved from the OP, but Eric: it's not cute or hip or edgy to appear unintelligent. You can type just as fast using real words with proper punctuation, and the point t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dont buy this jacket ...
December 01, 9:39am

Re: Re: Pack features
If you have a pocket, it's difficult to reach the water and food without removing your pack. And if you can, they'll probably fall out when you don't want them too. I prefer pack to b...

In GEAR » What pack features do you like?
November 21, 8:57am

Ka-Bar BK14
I live in the Pacific Northwest and do plenty of shoulder season camping. So there's lots of wood and lots of moisture everywhere I hike in the spring and fall. In these circumstances, carrying...

In GEAR » Knife Recommendations
November 13, 8:43am

Patagonia Houdin $81.25 with free 2-day shipping
This is a good deal from Backcountry.com. Just picked up a red one myself, which is hopefully more tolerable for everyday wear than my lemon lime one. http://www.backcountry.com/patagonia-houdin...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Houdin $81.25 with free 2-day shipping
November 11, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am