BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 131 - 140 of 250 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Hi Fat
I've done a fair bit of reading on Paleo / Primal etc as well as done various activities from ultra trail races to X-fit. Below are my observations as I don't want to spend so much time on ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
February 29, 10:49am

Packs
I've had a nice frame, it was nice but to heavy for day to day hunting. Here are some options I've know people to use - ULA Epic with heavier stays and a couple extra compression st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 24, 6:17pm

backpack hunting
@ Mike The backpack hunting section on 24hourcampfire has lots of good information and this has been discussed before. I talk to a lot of lightweight hunters. That being said here are some w...

February 24, 1:38pm

Concrete screws
That is what I use in ice / frozen ground. Cheap and effective.

In Winter Hiking » self-standing 4 season tent?
February 24, 11:47am

Weight
This has been discussed on other forums, but it's hard to get below 18lbs, and most UL hikers that hunt still think about 25 - 30 lb is the limit for all in. You need to be prepared to responsi...

February 24, 10:21am

Tensioned tent stakes
You can also tension the stakes directly such as easton, by using shockcord instead of regular cord as a pull loop

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple, compact guyline bungee
February 23, 12:04pm

Snow and WInd
I agree some data is a starting point at least. I think one of the interesting things that will be found, is that what is good for wind is not always good for snow. For instance, a slightly ext...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 04, 11:22am

Snowload
Hi Roger, It was very add hoc, since rarely do the conditions line up that snow sticks to a canopy so well, but in this case it did. The measurements were not what I would call terribly scienti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 03, 4:41pm

Shockcord / snow loads
It has it's advantages, as it tightens a panel over time, so it can keep the tent pitched tighter. The key, is to find shockcord of the appropriate tension for your tent, and to pull it tight o...

February 03, 9:44am

Seek Outside
Sorry for the commercial response, but we have lightweight strong poles that can be configured to that length. We do not have the trekking pole type end. One option you might consider rather th...

In GEAR » Lightweight, adjustable tarp poles...
January 26, 3:37pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.