Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 131 - 140 of 8792 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...880

Forum » Thread

Re: AR-7
Hope the sale is a done deal. I went through the same thing as the OP. Glad someone sent a PM and rifle was sold without too much of other people sticking their noses in. Winter @ BPL.

In Gear Swap » FS: Survival rifle: Armalite Explorer AR-7
February 05, 6:54am

Re: SteriPen Users -- Solids pre-treatment?
I use a noseeum netting cone with an elastic band at the top that I can fit over the widemouth opening. Gets 99% out.

In GEAR » SteriPen Users -- Solids pre-treatment?
February 05, 6:51am

Re: Devin, How did your gear choices turn out for you?
No longer a member, and no PMs. Guess you'll not find out.

In Gear Lists » First time hiker going straight for an AT thru hike.
February 04, 7:11am

Re: Are YOU a Condescending Jerk Online?
We all had a convention

In Chaff » Are YOU a Condescending Jerk Online?
February 04, 6:50am

Re: ESBIT stove optimum pot height?
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=44238

In Make Your Own Gear » ESBIT stove optimum pot height?
February 04, 6:47am

Re: Help Me Find a USB Rechargeable LED Flashlight
If you are still using a Steripen did you know the Freedom model also has a flashlight? USB recharge only. Happy hunting.

In GEAR » Help Me Find a USB Rechargeable LED Flashlight
February 02, 11:51am

Re: Re: What's in YOUR first aid kit?
4400+ results from http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/search.html?q=what%27s+in+your+first+aid+kkit&x=0&y=0 have narrowed down what I carry.

In GEAR » What's in YOUR first aid kit?
February 02, 11:47am

Re: Re: Not so UL.
"Says the guy who got kicked out of a wilderness area for carrying a chainsaw." They should have Chainsaw Tuesdays to let the crews catch up on trail maintenance.

In Winter Hiking » Not so UL.
February 02, 10:47am

7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
Eating, BS, and sunshine. Chef Ian making cornbread with Matt and Tom. Josh, Peter and Doug trying out the Greenbelly bar samples Food, food and more food. Peter's McHale ...

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 02, 8:08am

Re: 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
Thanks Deb. It was hard with a limit of 25. But it made planning and executing the plan super easy. I felt like a guest myself for the first time.

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 02, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am