Kent C. (kent) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale High Sierra
About Me Old days: about 50 lbs.
New, UL days: 11.3 lbs.
UL is keeping me in the mountains!
CityRoseville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kent C.

Showing 131 - 140 of 142 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Temps
Re clothing: Sounds very reasonable, especially if you're early to bed (in bag - for warmth). If you like to stay up late, might want to trade up from vest to jacket. minor note - late Jul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Advice for High Sierra Trail
April 08, 2:08am

Mariposa Plus vs. Circuit
>> "Whichever I thought would carry a lot of water the best." Add, since you mentioned Sierra's...keep in mind ability to fit/carry bear canister.

In GEAR » GG Mariposa Plus vs. ULA Circuit
April 08, 1:50am

DriDucks weight
Rick, My XL, jacket only, weighs in at 8oz.

In GEAR » Dry ducks and lil nippers
April 06, 2:37am

Chem treatment + Frontier Pro
Ben: Re your comment on 3/30/09: "Then suck water through the AquaMira Frontier Pro filter...It can also be spliced into your hydration tube as an in-line filter." I've read fro...

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
March 31, 2:10am

mosquitoes v. clothing (nylon/supplex)
FWIW, my brother tells me that he doesn't get bitten through the "covered" portions of his RailRiders (shirt). These are good for hot weather due to ~3" wide panel of mesh fro...

In GEAR » Mosquitoes & Black Flies vs Clothing
March 30, 2:04am

dri-ducks sizing?
I am 6'0", 220#; long arms. Size XL jacket fits easily over my Montbell Alpine Jacket. Haven't tried/used their pants. Great return policy = Cabelas! Kent

In GEAR » Help about DriDucks size.
March 28, 3:37am

GG - what hip belt size if waist = 35-36"?
-Michael Re: Hi William, ...I'm have a 35-36" waist/pant size and ordered the medium hip-belt, as they show the medium to top out at 35"-36", and the large starts at 36&qu...

In GEAR » New GG Gorilla Pack
March 28, 2:43am

Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
Jeremy - Re: "One other thing: When you use a 20 oz soda bottle as your water bottle like I typically do, sucking the water through causes it to collapse due to the pressure and then you h...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
March 15, 6:05pm

Many thanks to all, especially Benjamin & Jeremy! If anyone else has thoughts, I'm all ears... Benjamin - I think yours is the method closest to what I had in mind re: simplicity/depe...

March 14, 11:42pm

I'm new to lightweight and am considering the Frontier Pro (2oz. weight is very appealing) as replacement for a Katadyn Hiker (14oz.) and would really appreciate hearing experiences. Any unf...

March 13, 11:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Kent C.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
In Nov. 2008 I first ordered from GG. Delivery guy tried to be helpful and put package over our fence & out of sight; he didn't notice we have dogs. They welcomed the box and had a taste. A...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 20, 4:58am