Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 3198 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: Will R?
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/lightweight_footwear_systems_for_snow_travel_part_1.html#.VFh2uclg_cQ http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/lightweigh...

In Winter Hiking » goretex socks vs overboots
November 03, 11:48pm

Re: Another book on winter travel
Eric, I just picked up that book on gear swap. Lots of good information, and the illustrations are hilarious!

In Winter Hiking » Hiking in the Snow for Beginners.
November 03, 11:18pm

Re: goretex socks vs overboots
I think you want both. There will be times where you are walking on dirt or light snow. The overboots are supposed to be used on snow with snowshoes or crampons. Maybe it's too warm to be usin...

In Winter Hiking » goretex socks vs overboots
November 03, 11:05pm

Re: Lining footbox with thinlight
You could try acorn fleece socks which should be warmer for the weight than wool socks.

In GEAR » Lining footbox with thinlight
November 03, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
Nick, for desert hiking your method makes sense. I switched away from iodine tablets because hiking in water plentiful areas, within the 30 minutes it takes to treat I could have already passed an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
November 03, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
Nick, why don't you just carry a filter or a steripen instead of waiting 4 hours?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
November 02, 10:03pm

Re: minimal
How are the new balance minimus shoes not minimal? The have plenty of flexibility and ground feel. They are more substantial than something like viovbarefoot but still fairly minimal. Unless new ba...

In GEAR » Minimal running shoes used for backpacking
November 02, 7:12pm

vivobarefoot trail freak shoes?
Has anyone here used the new vivobarefoot trail freak shoes? How do they compare to the older neo/breatho trails in durability and ground feel?

In GEAR » vivobarefoot trail freak shoes?
November 02, 12:07pm

Re: need suggestions for a trailstar center pole.
Thank you all for the suggestions and extra thanks to those who offered to help me out with trekking pole parts. I ended up going with a 48 inch easton in .625 because it was inexpensive and easy. ...

In GEAR » need suggestions for a trailstar center pole.
November 02, 12:57am

Re: Minimal running shoes used for backpacking
I only wear minimalist shoes. Some responses to your points. 1) I find that I do heel strike, but it's not nearly as significant as with a stiff shoe. It's more of a mid foot strike....

In GEAR » Minimal running shoes used for backpacking
October 31, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am