Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 3404 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...341

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarps pushed to the limit - tell us your stories
you can get through nasty weather by pitching a tarp a-frame as low as possible. so low that your sleeping bag is almost touching the tarp. a miserable and cramped set up, but it works.

In GEAR » Tarps pushed to the limit - tell us your stories
February 03, 7:27pm

Re: Tenaya Canyon
I've heard it's doable with a rappel rope going down canyon.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tenaya Canyon
February 03, 1:36am

Re: Re: Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
As a super newbie snow camper, my concern with that method is finding sticks to bury and digging holes when the weather is super terrible and I'm getting dangerously cold and I need the shelter...

In GEAR » Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
February 02, 11:33pm

Re: Re: Timing
Kevin, there is a group limit for camping at point reyes (15 people?) Ken has already stated that he is tired of organizing huge events. It's a lot of work and responsibility. I'm guessing...

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 02, 12:16am

Re: How do you layer your windshirt?
You can do it either way. It's easy to throw the down jacket over a windshirt during a break if you are cold. That way you don't have to take the windshirt off. Down jackets are pretty wind...

In GEAR » How do you layer your windshirt?
February 01, 11:15pm

Re: MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
If you are going to be in a sheltered forest, not above the treeline, then a fire is a valuable emergency tool. Think about how you can configure your shelter to protect you while being open toward...

In Philosophy & Technique » MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
February 01, 8:17pm

Re: Hooded vs. Hoodless
I find that a hood adds a lot of warmth for the weight. It doesn't matter what temperature it is. Even on something as light as like a cap 4. If I throw it on for an extended snack break, I mig...

In GEAR » Hooded vs. hoodless puffies
February 01, 1:49am

Re: Flexible, minimalist thru-hiking shoes WITH protection?
I'm a fan of the old new balance minimus shoes. Depends on how minimal you want. They are much cushier than 5 fingers but way more minimal that the altras. You could also give the Merrel b...

In GEAR » Flexible, minimalist thru-hiking shoes WITH protection?
January 30, 9:43pm

Re: WTB: ULA Circuit, Tarptent, Umbrella, Railriders, Black Diamond Raven, Hooded Down Jacket
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB: ULA Circuit, Tarptent, Umbrella, Railriders, Black Diamond Raven, Hooded Down Jacket
January 30, 9:10pm

Re: Alternatives to Rocky Gore Socks
Why won't they work for your wife? That could help us narrow down something that would work. Some vapor barrier socks like this could work: http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?...

In GEAR » Alternatives to Rocky Gore Socks
January 29, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am