BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 2965 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...297

Forum » Thread

Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
I've decided to get serious about winter camping this winter. I've done some light winter camping with some snow and shoulder season type weather but I've never done deep snow stuff wit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
August 12, 8:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Damp
If we are talking about extended no breathability situations like a wetted out wpb jacket or using a non breathable rain jacket, then then dry time isn't important because nothing will dry out ...

In GEAR » Best rainwear for a month in monsoonal summer on JMT
August 12, 1:04pm

Re: Damp
"to wear only synthetics as they dry out to less damp under body heat ... Even merion wont dry out in continously wet conditions with no sun" Synthetics won't dry out either in con...

August 12, 12:00pm

Re: Re: sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
Makes sense. When I fold up the tarp when it's wet I do end up forcing water through it. However I've never seen the underside of the tarp get wet in the rain.

In GEAR » sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
August 11, 10:21pm

Re: Best rainwear for a month in monsoonal summer on JMT
I was out July 15-17 and experienced some of that. I was wearing shorts, a thin polyester, a rain jacket, and non waterproof shoes. I was just getting too cold and had to wait it out. The trails we...

August 11, 9:37pm

sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
Often times I will be too lazy to set up a tarp and just sleep on my sil nylon tarp as a ground sheet. If it does end up raining or I get dew falling from the sky, the plan is to fold it over me li...

In GEAR » sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
August 11, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Thermodynamics with down
Yes, it's a myth. I've even gotten in my bag with very damp clothes. As long as it's early in the evening (and not too cold yet), the air is dry, and you are using a super ventilate...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 11, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
With the rocky goretex socks I would recommend ordering 2 sizes up to fit a thick wool sock in there. Nothing wrong with having them a little loose.

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
August 10, 12:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't get too excited...
"Well I could certainly imagine how these would suck to the fullest in most Winter mountain trekking scenarios that I've experienced. At worst you might suffer a serious foot injury or may...

In GEAR » Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
August 09, 1:46am

Re: I never meant to be my own gear maker
I would use some polycro: http://gossamergear.com/polycryo-ground-cloth-large.html

In Make Your Own Gear » I never meant to be my own gear maker
August 09, 12:09am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am