BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 2794 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...280

Forum » Thread

Re: fuel canisters
" I explained this fact to him, but I think he is still nervous about me using them....." Esbits are safer than canister stoves in my opinion.

In GEAR » fuel canisters
June 01, 2:47pm

Re: fuel canisters
Last year they had campfire bans at all elevations in Kings Canyon, but apparently they still allowed esbit. This is one of those things where you if you call the ranger station multiple times y...

In GEAR » fuel canisters
June 01, 2:46pm

Re: When is wool better?
Wool is nice when you've worked up a good sweat from hard hiking and want to take a 5 minute break. The rapid evaporation from a synthetic shirt can really cool you down too much, wool will kee...

In Gear Deals » Merino wool hoodie for under $100. What do you guys think?
June 01, 12:01pm

Re: Re: Merino wool hoodie for under $100. What do you guys think?
"And you really need to clarify your 6x's stronger statement, or people with fabric knowledge and experience will tend to see it as a misleading marketing ploy and that will turn them righ...

June 01, 12:12am

Re: Flat tarp size
10 feet long minimum, trust me you want 10 feet when the wind is blowing the rain.

In GEAR » Flat tarp size
May 31, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Merino wool hoodie for under $100. What do you guys think?
Taylor, do you guys have access to baselayer weight wool? The options for merino wool hooded baselayers are pretty slim, I think an alternative to the ibex indie would sell well in the ultralight m...

May 31, 7:30pm

FS: ex-officio shirt and msr superfly stove
ex-officio shirt dryfly flex shirt, size small. Only worn a couple of times. http://www.exofficio.com/products/details/mens-dryfly-flex-midi-plaid-long-sleeve-shirt This is a very nice shirt, but...

In Gear Swap » FS: ex-officio shirt and msr superfly stove
May 31, 6:44pm

Re: Merino wool hoodie for under $100. What do you guys think?
Taylor, I don't think your hoody would be popular for ultralight backpackers. Some people on here like wool hoodies as base layers because they are odor resistant, warmer while wet, and dry slo...

May 31, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Dear Vision
Yes, most on here use shoes that dry quickly. The problem with goretex shoes is they are a liability if they get wet - they never dry. You can totally plow through streams without taking your shoes...

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 31, 1:02am

Re: Re: Dear Vision
I can tell you, with some certainty, that the footwear choice least likely to result in twisting an ankle are minimalist shoes or straight barefoot. Preconception is very undervalued. I suspect...

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 31, 12:16am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am