BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 3039 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...304

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
"Do wool socks help?" Wool socks help a lot with that. I like my darn tough ultralight non cushioned socks.

In GEAR » Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
September 08, 11:16am

Re: Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
Something I've found with older, well used synthetic pieces is that you wash them and they smell fine... but then you put them on and your sweat reactivates them or something and they get stink...

In GEAR » Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
September 08, 11:11am

Re: I picked the wrong hobby.
Meetup.com usually has a bunch of backpacking groups. The people you meet on there will probably know some good places to backpack that you didn't know about. Don't be scared to go out a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I picked the wrong hobby.
September 07, 9:19pm

Re: A fish fry pan
I think you are better off carrying the small frying pan and cutting the fish into halves before cooking.

In GEAR » A fish fry pan
September 07, 7:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Risk of Hypothermia
Roger, I think what he is saying is that when actively moving you are to keep warm enough that hypothermia is not possible with a rain jacket and base layer. That is overly general and only make...

In GEAR » how to handle base layers in freezing rain
September 07, 1:45am

fishing poles
When I revived a tenkara rod from tenkara bum the instructions advised not fishing with it (carbon fiber rod) when there was any chance of lightning. Any truth to that?

In GEAR » carbon fiber lightning
September 07, 1:30am

Re: Risk of Hypothermia
"While you are exerting yourself you have nearly zero chance of becoming hypothermic." You must run a lot warmer than me. This July in Yosemite I had to bail and run below the treeline...

In GEAR » how to handle base layers in freezing rain
September 06, 8:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rocks
My point is that fuel depletion is not an ecological issue for low elevation forests outside of well used campsites.

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 06, 1:38am

Re: Re: Re: rocks
I will say that there are some places in which there is so much dead wood that the dead wood is crowding forest floor space and likely making it difficult for undergrowth to develop.

September 05, 11:45pm

Re: rocks
Agree with everything you said Brian. However, sometimes I will stack up a wall of rocks on one side of the fire to block the wind or to create a heat reflector. Always take it down. If I stop b...

September 05, 11:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am