BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 131 - 140 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Alacart bivy, with first trip pictures.
That is really neat! Good job! I'm about to embark on my first MYOG tarptent project and it's been nice to look at pictures like yours from other members to get an idea of the different fea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alacart bivy, with first trip pictures.
June 22, 1:55pm

Re: Dehydrated Wine from Katadyn????
Dehydrated wine.... I would consider myself to be open minded, but, yuk...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated Wine from Katadyn????
June 19, 4:59pm

Re: WHY?
I'm a simple man with simple needs. Having a lightweight pack helps me enjoy nature more by letting me focus more on the natural beauty found in nature rather than the load I carry on my back.

In Philosophy & Technique » WHY?
April 27, 8:04am

Re: sleeping cold..need help
I have a BA lone ranger. I have found that the regular air core pad works well down to about 50ish degrees. Beyond that, the insulated air core pad works very well for me. The insulated pad is a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sleeping cold..need help
April 26, 1:31pm

Re: "Flat Pack Woodburner"
That is AWESOME! I want one... I NEEEEED one... If I saw that in a store I would buy it. I DO like to fish quite often on backpacking trips and that would be perfect. Nice job!!!

In Make Your Own Gear » Flat Pack Woodburner 1 piece
April 26, 8:43am

meetup.com
Has anyone ever used meetup.com to find a hiking group? I was fiddling around on the internet, trying to find a local hiking group, and this website came up. I haven't even heard of it si...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » meetup.com
March 17, 10:19pm

Re: No more new gear for me...
I too have decided to go "cold turkey" this year. I have enough gear to make 5 different set-ups and honestly, I haven't even USED all of the gear I have. It first hit me when I got...

In Philosophy & Technique » No more new gear for me...
March 17, 9:56pm

Re: Re: New Gear List; Mora knives
Alright, did some research and decided to go ahead and grab a mora classic #1 knife. Seems to be pretty durable from what all the websites say. I couldn't really find out whether or not they ...

In Gear Lists » New Gear List
March 06, 2:29pm

Re: RE new gear list
I've heard a lot of people talk about mora knives. I've never heard of them until recently. I'm assuming they're a good knife or people wouldn't be buying them I guess. I do ...

March 06, 1:44pm

New Gear List
Here is my NEW gear list. I made some changes to my last list and shaved off about 4 pounds or so. I also re-weighed everything to make sure I had the correct weight. I plan on getting a bivy an...

March 06, 12:56am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am