BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 131 - 140 of 746 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: MYOG Summer Quilt
Kevin, Nice job with the quilt. It looks like you used buttons to close the footbox. Do I see that correct? Seems like a good alternative to velcro, zipper, and snaps. Do you like how the footbox c...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Summer Quilt
July 24, 1:40pm

re: M50
Tim, My personel experience with M50 has been great. I have made both a quilt and jacket. I have not noticed any issues with the fabric ability to hold down but maybe it is just the amount of use. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » what to make with M50?
July 07, 11:03am

Re: Linville Gorge
Jerry, Thanks for adding the Linville Gorge Forum information. I should have credited them as the source of most of my information. I highly recommend joining the group if you plan to hike the gorg...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Linville Gorge Wilderness Trip Suggestions?
July 07, 10:27am

re: Linville Gorge Wilderness Trip Suggestions?
Nate, Here is a link to a trip report I did for Linville Gorge some time back. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/17499/index.html?skip_to_post=133551#133...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Linville Gorge Wilderness Trip Suggestions?
July 06, 8:41pm

Re: Water on Art Loeb in Shining Rock Wilderness
Nate, I just did that section of the Art Loeb last week and did not find water until near the top of cold mountain. I wasn't looking for Brad's source so I missed it. The cold mountain sour...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Water on Art Loeb in Shining Rock Wilderness
June 22, 5:15pm

TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack Update
I wanted to post an update to my original review of the TrailLite Designs Bandoleeer Pack. The original review/trip report can be found here. Bandoleer_Pack_Review This second trip with the...

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack Update
June 19, 7:26am

Re: Blue Lyw8 Bivy Pictures
Stephen, The bivy looks great. Thanks for the detailed posting. I'd say reducing the taper a bit was a nice add especially considering that you are using a neoair. How is the fit with such a th...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
June 19, 5:47am

re: DIY Tarp Shape
Brian, Here is a pic of my MYOG cat tarp. I took it yesterday morning on top of Cold Mountain in Shining Rock Wilderness, NC. It is fairly easy tarp to make. It takes 3 yards of silnylon. B...

In GEAR » DIY Tarp Shape
June 18, 6:24pm

Re: I see...
Peter, As other have stated in a pinch you can sleep in dry rain gear. I have done it, both jacket and pants. I agree I would not consider part of the sleep system for temp, but it is a last layer ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rain gear as part of the sleep system
June 14, 6:40pm

re: M50
Thru-hiker is the only place to expect to find it as far as I know. The original lot looks to be sold out. I think it was around ~30/yd. I'm hoping to see it for sale again in the next 30-60 da...

In Make Your Own Gear » M 50?
June 11, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.