BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
CityNYC
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 131 - 140 of 1076 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: Affordable Used Backpacking Essentials
I have a used pair of Inov-8 Roclite 295s in size 12.5 you can have for the price of shipping. I'll have to see what box it fits in but I'm guessing no more than $15 and likely closer to $...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Affordable Used Backpacking Essentials
November 12, 12:28pm

Re: Those look good
The Gamma LT's are described as having an elasticized waist along with the built-in belt. They're definitely pricey but I wouldn't worry too much about tearing them up unless you take ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Soft Shell Pants - do they exist?
October 20, 6:26pm

Re: Lightweight Soft Shell Pants - do they exist?
Arcteryx Gamma LT's 11.3 oz. I had a pair for awhile, along with a pair of OR Contours. I could only afford to keep one pair, and so I sold the Gamma LT's because I figured I could recoup...

In GEAR » Lightweight Soft Shell Pants - do they exist?
October 20, 11:43am

Re: Re: Tahoe Rim Trail early October
If I had gone a week earlier or a week later, I'd have had great weather. I looked across the lake as the shuttle carried me to Reno Airport last Tuesday morning and could see that the snow on...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe Rim Trail early October
October 19, 10:39am

Re: Aquamira Frontier Pro Water filter chemcial treatment
Household bleach. I used bleach at the suggestion of Benjamin Tang when I used the Frontier Pro. The water ends up tasting slightly like a swimming pool to my taste if you use a lot of drops, but...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Water filter chemcial treatment
October 18, 5:27am

Re: Re: Design for the intended use
I'm pretty sure I saw once on this forum someone make a drawstring footbox and then for colder temps had a down filled 'plug' to insert in the small opening in the footbox left by the d...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilts: Is a drawstring footbox as warm as a sewn footbox?
October 17, 8:26am

Re: Tahoe Rim Trail early October
The weather ended up blowing up my thru-hike plans. I pushed back my start one day because of thunderstorm, 45mph gusts forecast for my 1st night at Star Lake. I ended up spending my first two ni...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe Rim Trail early October
October 15, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Re: winter-worthy NeoAir
Here's a picture of my trimmed Ridgerest: It's 70" long, and I just cut it to fit my body while lying down for the rest of it. The Ridgerest isn't nearly as comfortable a...

In GEAR » winter-worthy NeoAir
October 14, 6:22pm

Re: winter-worthy NeoAir
The only flaw I see is the claim of 3-4 R-Value for such a thin pad. I'm wondering how they get an R-Value of 3-4 from a .39" thick closed cell pad. In this thread, Richard Nisley stat...

In GEAR » winter-worthy NeoAir
October 14, 4:09pm

Re: questions
James- what did you end up getting? For my upcoming trip, where I don't expect the lows to be worse than 20F, but more likely somewhere between 25-40F, I'm going to take Steve's sugg...

In GEAR » Which down balaclava?
September 30, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm