BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 131 - 140 of 631 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...64

Forum » Thread

MEC Light Degree Hoodie
Does any one have experience with the MEC Light Degree Hoodie? Weight: 15 oz Fill: 6.56 oz (800 fill power) Seems like it might be a good alternative to the GoLite Bitterroot (13 oz weight,...

In GEAR » MEC Light Degree Hoodie
December 20, 3:15pm

Re: BetaLight vs. SL2
I current own an SL2 and at one point owned a BetaLight as well. The BetaLight is about an inch or two bigger than the SL2 in every dimension (length, width, and height); however, due to the po...

In GEAR » shangri la 2 tarp golite
December 20, 10:32am

Re: Shower Testing Waterproof Gear
Sure, why not? If it works under a high pressure shower that should give you some confidence it will work when you need it.

In GEAR » Shower Testing Waterproof Gear
December 19, 8:34pm

Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
Do you want to increase your chances of getting skin cancer? If yes, wear shorts. If no, wear pants. That's my take. I live in AZ and always hike in long pants, long sleeves, sun glov...

In GEAR » Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
December 17, 9:53pm

Re: Re: ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
I never thought of sending it back - I had been using it for a few months, but that was the 1st time it saw any serious amount of water. I tried seam-sealing the seams, but it mostly flaked off aft...

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 17, 7:46am

Re: ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
I have one with taped seams. I filled it up with some water and found it leaked at the corners and seam intersections. I discovered this because I had my sleeping bag in one, and after a long r...

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 16, 6:27pm

Re: 40L vs 50L
Be sure to look at the main pack volume. The ULA Ohm, for example, is: Main body: 2100 cubic inches Extension collar: 500 cubic inches So in reality it only has about 2600 cubic inches or 42...

In GEAR » 40L vs 50L
December 16, 7:50am

Re: UltraClub
I'd guess that 9.4oz refers to the fleece weight in oz/sqyd and not the total item weight.

In GEAR » 100 weight full zip Fleece Hoody under 13 oz?
December 14, 3:55pm

FS: SMD Refuge
EDIT: sold! I'm selling a Six Moon Designs Refuge tent I purchased here about a month ago. Link to post where I purchased it: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Refuge
December 09, 7:23pm

Re: Me on the trailcam looking a bit worried
You've posted some great pictures here. Mountain lions can be scary - glad you are taking some precautions! I've seen two mountain lions in the past two years. One from the safety of my ...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
December 04, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.