BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 131 - 140 of 715 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...72

Forum » Thread

5-Sided Pyramid Tent - Almost Done
I am making progress on my very first pyramid tarp/tent. It's taken a lot of time, but I finished sewing the main seams and tie-outs recently for the tarp and went out to pitch it: ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5-Sided Pyramid Tent - Almost Done
May 10, 6:02pm

Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
Hey Lawson, my main concerns with the tyvek material would be waterproofness and durability. As far as I can tell, Tyvek 1443R is the same material used in the TarpTent Sublite, which TarpTent does...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 04, 9:55am

Re: Explain
Good to know about the heat activation of DWR. I have been using Atsko Sports wash, but then drying on low heat.

In GEAR » DWR?
April 30, 9:57am

Re: Tenkara limits
I've fished quite a few lakes with a tenkara rod with good success. Some times the fish are far out and my friend's spinner rod only catches fish. Other times there are lots of fish near th...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Introduction to Simple Fly Fishing
April 27, 9:04am

Re: Argon silnylon - Detailed Analysis Report
Richard - just for comparison, could you provide any information for other normal silnylons you have tested?

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 16, 4:00pm

Re: Argon silnylon
Wow that fabric sounds great. I wonder if it stretches more than regular silnylon when wet? The material should pack down really small.

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 02, 7:39pm

Re: Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
Thanks, Boulder Mountain looks pretty great. That is definitely an area I will keep in mind.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
April 02, 10:06am

Re: Emigrant Wilderness and Mosquitos
Any guesses on the whether the mosquitos would be worse in mid May or June around the Emigrant Wilderness? May would be colder but June will probably be drier...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 26, 8:12pm

Re: cutting large fabric pieces
Thank you, some helpful comments. My apartment is small, but I have a garage, so I will probably try to find a large piece of cardboard I can use to keep the fabric stretched and clean. Maybe I wil...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
March 23, 5:12pm

Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
I'd like to try sewing a pyramid tarp. What technique do you use for accurately cutting and patterning large pieces of fabric (silnylon in particular)? Do you make a stencil from some material,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
March 23, 12:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.