Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 131 - 140 of 1068 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...107

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Zpacks Arc Haul First Impressions!
Thanks, John. This pack looks really promising (I think it could hit the sweet spot for MANY backpackers), and that bar was my only real concern.

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Haul
March 18, 4:17pm

Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
Andrew Skurka is putting up a long series of blog posts all about clothing. I thought some may find it interesting or helpful. Here is the intro: http://andrewskurka.com/2015/backpacking-core-cl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka - Core Clothing
March 18, 10:10am

Re: Re: Has anyone tried the Backcountry Bonzai Chevron Blanket only 12.3 ounces
I don't see 32 degrees listed anywhere. They specify one inch of loft. Is it sewn thru? I think 50 degrees is a more accurate temp rating I would just buy an Enlightened Equipment quilt for ...

In GEAR » Has anyone tried the Backcountry Bonzai Chevron Blanket only 12.3 ounces
March 17, 11:13pm

Re: Zpacks Arc Haul First Impressions!
I look forward to hearing how it does with more weight. Can you feel the bar on the back of the hipbelt? Do you think you will at heavier loads?

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Haul
March 16, 5:31pm

Re: Backpack Selection Advice
I think the Exped Lightning 60 meets all your listed requirements. REI carries it, as do many other stores I would not choose any ULA pack for above 30 lbs.

In GEAR » Backpack Selection Advice
March 16, 2:32pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben Shelters
Is there any benefit to using the aluminized cuben in a flat or catenary tarp? Maybe you could pitch one side-by-side with a silnylon or regular cuben tarp of the same size in an open field and mea...

In Gear Deals » Aluminized Cuben Shelters
March 15, 9:00am

Re: Re: Dark Canyon, Utah, in May- guidance?
This trip report might be helpful for you: http://theblondecoyote.com/2014/05/19/into-the-dark-canyon-wilderness/ As for maps, just use caltopo.com to plan your route

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dark Canyon, Utah, in May- guidance?
March 14, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Pad for a dog
The Nightlight would probably be warmer. I just happened to have two 1/8" pads, so that's what I use. They don't take up too much room in my pack. I think 20" would be wide enough...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad for a dog
March 14, 9:44am

Re: Sleeping Pad for a dog
A foam pad would be best. Things like a fleece blanket and the Ruffwear bed don't really do much to insulate your dog from the ground, as all the insulation is compressed. My dog (50 lbs) u...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad for a dog
March 14, 9:11am

Re: Six Moons S&D or BA Angel Springs UL2?
As you note, you're going to have more room in the Lunar Duo. And you and your wife will also have separate entrances and vestibules with the Lunar Duo. The Lunar Duo will have a "dry"...

In GEAR » Starting to go UL, looking at tents
March 13, 6:58pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.