BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 131 - 140 of 330 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...33

Forum » Thread

Trout, No Skills, Cheap
Tad, yes, garbage in garbage out, I'm sure that's true, but it's also not a very helpful answer. Is spending tons of money and time the only way to catch fish? If so, I'll probabl...

In Fishing » Catch trout - no skills, cheap gear
May 05, 11:22pm

Catch trout - no skills, cheap gear
I'm a backpacker who wants to eat trout when camping near them, as opposed to a fisherman. Have never fished a day in my life (ok, one), don't want to buy a ton of gear for a new hobby. ...

In Fishing » Catch trout - no skills, cheap gear
May 05, 10:21pm

Down the Kaibab
Greg, phenomenal. Where was that? Would like to look it up on map...

In Photography » Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17
April 18, 4:55pm

Backcountry injuries/illness
Way back when I took a NOLS course they told me exposure (heat or cold) was leading cause of death in wilderness, followed by rockfall. Now I drink lots of water, carry a layer, and watch my posit...

In Philosophy & Technique » Stats on back country injuries/illness???
April 16, 10:51pm

National Geographic TOPO
So basically you can scroll uninterrupted across a 7.5' topo for all California? How big is the window you scroll in? Thx!

In GEAR » Topographic Map Software
April 13, 9:47pm

National Geographic Topo
Was just playing around w/ National Geographic Topo online, and downloaded their free software. If I'm understanding it right, you still have to buy/download two quads if the area you want is ...

April 13, 4:02pm

Topo software
Not looking for interface w/ GPS, just getting high quality topos for trip planning that I can manipulate and print. Who has the best database for that? Thx!

April 13, 3:33pm

Topographic Map Software
Am looking into buying some, seems very cool. What do you guys use? Pros and cons of different products? Is it as cool as it seems? I'm sure there must be threads on this already, but eq...

April 13, 9:37am

Joshua Tree, 2 nights
Heading out to JT Friday night, back Sunday. Looking for adventure. Off trail ok. Any great trips to look out for? Park so big, I'm having a hard time narrowing it down...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree, 2 nights
April 07, 11:15pm

SW Colorado
Aaron, thx for the tips. Any thoughts on South San Juan vs. Weimanuche? Am I overlooking another good wilderness?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6-7 days, Colorado Backpacking
April 07, 11:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.