BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 131 - 140 of 447 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: BR hood mod, part 2
Gary, thanks for the head start on modifying this hood. I found that 1/32" shockcord threaded rather easily thru the majority of the elastic channel (maybe 10mins). Getting it started and ...

In Gear Deals » Golite Bitterroot 850 Fill Down Jacket $149.99
December 03, 8:49pm

Re: Re: Why no bivy love?
Oh John, you'll just have to fogive him not assuming you have all of the answers.

In GEAR » Why no bivy love?
September 15, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
but not melt on top of a canister stove?

In GEAR » Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
September 06, 8:54pm

Re: Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
I haven't but... If you were just using it to boil water then it should be fine. The water in the pot will keep it the fins from getting much hotter than 212F (so long as the fins stay atta...

In GEAR » Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
September 05, 3:15pm

talk me out of it.
Look at the stoic hadron...8oz, currently $125 and ugly as sin. http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-hadron-down-anorak-mens I have never been in cold enough weather to require wearing insulation w...

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 02, 7:23pm

Re: Re: Re: A little hair-splitting
"most of the heat given off by one's body is carried away through conduction or convection, no?" Once we start talking up %'s of heat loss by mode, the figures become very situ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down + Space blanket = ???
September 01, 8:07pm

Re: A little hair-splitting
Colin, you are correct. For a warm body in a colder environment the clothing will always send more heat back to you than it will away from you bc of the temperature gradient. On first reading, ...

August 31, 12:08pm

Re: Re: tent
Re: venitation.... I imagine there are conditions where increased ventilation makes condensation worse -- especially with a tarp. I imagine a large A-frame tarp set up under clear sky. If it...

In GEAR » condensation in zpacks hexamid
August 30, 11:58am

Re: tent
Does your hexamid have a netting floor? Also, did you use a groundsheet? If not then that could have contributed to the difference btw yours and your friends by letting more ground moisture to th...

In GEAR » condensation in zpacks hexamid
August 30, 11:47am

Re: Reflection Versus Vapor Barrier
"Something like 95% of your radiated heat (what the mylar in the space blanket actually reflects) is absorbed by your clothing" Absorbed AND then emitted back, apprx half back to your ...

August 30, 9:48am

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm