BPL Community Profile

Jon Leibowitz (jleeb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 4Corners
About Me Jon Leibowitz has not added a biography yet.
CityDolores
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://thewildperspective.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jon Leibowitz

Showing 131 - 140 of 295 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...30

Forum » Thread

Is the JMT "crowded"?
I'm in the early stages of planning my 2014 hikes. I'm turning 30 in August and every year I go backpacking for my birthday. I'm not sure yet where I want to go for my big hike but I...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Is the JMT "crowded"?
November 15, 7:37am

So anyways
Back to the topic on hand......has anyone managed to order this thing in another color than sky blue? The description below shows some cool colors but I can't figure out how to order it in oth...

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 14, 7:31am

Re: It's the photographer, not the camera
Can't argue with that. Though I will say, the lens is important, more so than the camera! Not that quality of the lens but the focal length. Even a great photographer will have trouble taking ...

In Photography » It's the photographer, not the camera
November 13, 7:33am

Re: Camera clip
I can't say enough about Zpacks multi-pack. It is my dedicated camera bag. It's on my chest when hiking and used as a sling bag in the evenings or around town. I seam-taped mine and added f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Peak Design Capture Pro Camera clip
November 13, 7:20am

Re: Prolite gear has a simple review of NW Alpine's shell with the same material
I think $250 is a stretch for a jacket made of this material, but $600? That is absurd.

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 12, 8:08am

Dolica
Hmm...that Dolica GX600B200 looks interesting. It comes with the ballhead and tripod for 2.5 pounds. I wonder how much it weighs after removing all of the foam legging and center column. ...

In Photography » State of the Market - Fully Functioning Lightweight Tripods
November 11, 1:46pm

Re: Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
Thanks for the reply Ken. I'll add that to my data bank as I consider purchasing this jacket.

November 11, 1:16pm

Sheddable Shell
Never heard of the Sheddable Shell. Is it more durable than driducks or basically the same thing? Very interesting. For 10 bucks, it's worth testing out. Would you trust one on a thru hike?

November 11, 10:59am

Re: Re: it looks promising
Haha. I missed that post. I've read some of the more in depth reviews on some gear sites. They have owned them for a season or so, with moderate use. Ken, in the three years you have us...

November 11, 10:49am

it looks promising
I too have been looking very closely at this jacket for the 2014 backpacking season. I'm still worried about its durability though. I don't think anybody has used this thing for more than...

November 11, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by Jon Leibowitz

Jon Leibowitz has posted no reviews.