Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeroen Wesselman (jeroenman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Europe
About Me I started as an alpine climber, I did most of my climbing in the European Alps and some in New Zealand and recently some ice climbing in New Hampshire during holidays. I started backpacking while in New Zealand and backpacked exstensively in Europe, Patagonia and Nepal and in the US (VT and NH). I started as a lightweight backpacker for my Patagonia trip in 2002 and progressed from there to a more ultralight style. My favorite backpacking style is multi day trips in an alpine environment.
CityAmsterdam
CountryHolland

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeroen Wesselman

Showing 131 - 137 of 137 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Travel by plane
Hi, I live in holland as well and do a lot of UL trips as well. I use planes quite often because they are often the cheapest and the quickest way to travel. What I do with my UL gear (Pack, pole...

In GEAR » UL gear and planes
February 15, 7:34am

GoLite Reed Rainpants
Hello, how about the GoLite Reed at just 4 oz. very light. They don't have any zips so you have to take off your shoes to put them on. They compress to almost nothing so they take up almost no r...

In GEAR » Best light weight rain pant?
August 11, 8:32am

RAB V-Trail Smock
Check out the excellent RAB V-Trail Smock. It's way better than the Dri Clime (I have both). The RAB has THE best hood ever and has excellent styling, it is trim so very efficient and pretty warm. ...

In GEAR » DriClime Windshirt w/ Hood
June 07, 6:37am

Oware vs BPL
Hello Paul, I had to choose between these two too as well and i choose the Oware. The Epic in the Oware is more water resistant than the Quantum of the BPL but the Quantum is more breathable th...

In GEAR » BPL Vapor Bivy Sack vs. Oware Epic Bivy Sack
March 16, 8:19am

The one
I don't think there is 'one' jacket which can do it all. My top 3 is; Patagonia Micro Puff P/O for spring/fall backpacking. GoLite Coal for three season backpacking/climbing (still available fo...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Synthetic belay jackets
March 01, 7:34am

Belay Jackets
My compliments on this excelent article. The most comprehensive test of Belay Jackets ever. I waited a long time for an article like this. I'am from Europe and can tell you that the concept of a s...

In Editor's Roundtable » High Loft Synthetic Insulating (Belay) Jackets
March 01, 7:12am

Top 3 2004
Tarptent Squall GoLite Jam Pack WM Ultralight

In GEAR » Favorite Three Pieces of Gear Used in 2004?
December 30, 2:44am

All Reader Reviews by Jeroen Wesselman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Arc'teryx Switchback Shirt
Not exactly known for (ultra) lightweight gear this one has won it's place in my lightweight kit list. It's a stretch windproof, water resistant pull over which is rather tight fitting. It weighs jus...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
August 10, 6:00am