Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Cleaveland (jeremy11) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Exploring San Juan talus
About Me Bible believer, disciple of Jesus Christ, wilderness guide, rock climber, trail runner, mountain climber, ultralight nerd. I grew up in upstate NY going to camp in the Adirondacks where I eventually led trips on all the 46 high peaks, where going heavy led me to find Golite, through which I bought Beyond Backpacking, and the rest is history...
for years I've been an ultralight freak, sewing much of my own gear.
CityLake City
StateColorado
CountryAntarctica
My Website URLhttp://psc.photoshelter.com/user/jeremycleaveland/set/A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 131 - 140 of 171 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

surgery
so, the 2004 Accidents in North American Mountaineering has an entry where a climber on Denali's West Buttress had some dental problems so they performed surgery with a nut tool and something e...

In Multiple Use Gear » The Nut Tool (for climbers)
November 07, 9:16pm

bonney pass
Lesson: Don't hike Bonney Pass (Wind Rivers, approach to Gannet from Titcomb basin) in the dark after waking up from a poor nights sleep at 3:30 just to wander/suffer up 2,000 vert of fluid ta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
November 05, 9:43pm

windshirt under another shell
I'm beginning to experiment with using a windcoat over my baselayer with other stuff on top. Mark Twight posed the theory in Extreme Alpinism, and a breathable windcoat over a thin base layer ...

In Gear Lists » Ultralight Winter Gear
October 31, 7:43pm

Garage sale
I got a pair of used once Leki Explorer trekking poles for $10 at a garage sale. For climbing booty - that means FREE - and free totally beats all your cheap deals that you still had to pay for, I...

In Gear Deals » Thrift store raid
October 26, 4:48pm

sew it
I'd recommend getting the Liberty Ridge kit from thru-hiker and sewing the whole jacket how you like it. I've done 2, one with 1.1oz dwr with a #3 molded full length zipper and hood, and t...

In GEAR » Golite Ether vs Patagonia Houdini vs Montbell UL wind Parka
October 23, 9:56pm

if only someone made a....
SUL helium balloons to carry the pack for you!!

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 16, 8:42pm

If only someone made a....
the SUL daypack I designed that is 2 oz in "heavy" silnylon and big enough for a full day way back in the mountains. with cuben fiber it would probably be 1 oz OR LESS! a SUL running ...

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 16, 8:31pm

quilt headgear
but only if its cold out. And I wear a hat too.

In GEAR » Quilt users - headgear?
October 15, 9:09pm

zipper on top??
the fabric looks pretty nice if it works, but I'm worried about putting the zipper on top of the bag. Of course it is designed for winter and high altitude mountaineering, but that seems to po...

In GEAR » New Integral Designs Penguin Reflexion Bivy
October 15, 8:55pm

Its snowing!!!! Somebody answer!!!!
BUMP

In GEAR » Golite Jam/Pinnacle for backcountry telemark skiing???
October 14, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I've made two of these, both with a full #3 ykk molded tooth zipper and hood. the first was from 1.1 oz dwr, the second from 1.1 oz teflon dwr. I normally use the non-telfon due to its greater b...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 16, 10:57am

Mark Twight/The Mountaineers Extreme Alpinism
this is an incredible read. Get it for the epic stories alone. I often say "it could be worse" to encourage my spirits in hard conditions, and the stories really illustrate how true that i...

In Books and Media
January 14, 11:12pm

Dasani Dasani 1 Liter bottle
it is really light, lighter than a 1 L gatorade, but is weaker and has a small opening, making it messier to put in drink mix. Mine worked fine, but they have a shorter life than gatorade bottles. T...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
October 25, 10:13pm

Paramo Aspira Jacket
Paramo has a very unique method for waterproofing - there is no membrane, but instead has a dwr shell with a pump liner that moves liquid water, whether rain or sweat, away from you faster than it can...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 27, 11:21pm

Cilogear 60L worksack, version 1
The Cilogear 60L pack (mine is version 1) is the one pack that can handle everything, and excel at everything. It is light enough for backpacking but durable enough to abuse with bushwhacking, alpine...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 23, 3:20pm

Cilogear 20L
The Cilogear 20L pack was designed specifically as an alpine climbing leader's pack. it is small so you can't lead with too much stuff (you're already carrying a rack and dragging a rope ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 05, 9:13pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
(why is this under internal frame packs? all it has is a stiff foam back pad...) its a great bag. here's what i don't like so much - the shoulder straps are just a bit too narrow for my n...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 05, 8:56pm