BPL Community Profile

jennifer ross (jenhifive) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Norcal
About Me Hey, I'm looking for tips to go lighter and ideas for more trips. I've only been backpacking for 4 years and just recently realized my pack could've been MUCH lighter. I usually do two 9 day trips, three 5 day trips and a few weekend trips a year so I'd like to make the most out of the little time I have. I need to branch out of the same 'ol romps I frequent.
CityMarysville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jennifer ross

Showing 131 - 140 of 143 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

It's too heavy
I know it doesn't feel heavy but for backpacking purposes I'd rather wear a garbage bag than carry the weight. I just happened to find an rei Event while at the store for $80 but at 14 oz I...

In GEAR » eVent jacket
September 20, 9:59pm

a good toothpaste to dry
I've been trying to dry colgate total for two months in the arid central valley of california. Its sill sticky and not hardening at all. What's a good brand to make the dots?

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
September 18, 12:49am

fill and size
Is it a reg length and is it 800 or 900 fill?

In Gear Swap » FS MB Down Inner, JRB Stealth, and BPL Merino Bottoms
September 17, 9:54am

the rest of the jmt (update)
I finished the trail a few days ago and after we re-entered at reds meadow we stopped seeing intentional trash disposal and Tp for about 120 miles. When we descended from Whitney though I became en...

In Post-Trip Reports » trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
September 09, 9:21am

especially disappointed
I should mention this is all my vacation time and I've been so excited for a year to take this much time off to thru-hike the jmt. I also had to take a week of unpaid leave which leaves my posi...

August 26, 6:36am

i forgot about the dogs
I didn't even mention passing two completely separate backpackers with off the leash dogs... one even told us he'd been fly-fishing for 12 days and hadn't seen a ranger and then laughed...

August 26, 6:28am

"pile of rocks" called devils postpilr
Its a national monument and a very small wonder of the world. Please search images. There are signs everywhere not to go off trail because of the incredible amount of people that visit it. And if e...

August 25, 5:54pm

the suv comment...
I didn't have time to fully explain. The national attitude I'm talking about is the suv people driving passed us with so much room in their huge vehicles trying not to make eye contact like...

August 25, 2:29am

Solution?
Most people still don't believe in global warming. A travelling austrailian in a tiny compact rental picked us up hitchhiking after a half an hour with our thumbs up and a "yose" sign...

August 24, 12:43pm

trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
I just exited reds meadows for an interview planted in the middle of my planned thru-hike and I can't get over what total disregard people have for the wilderness or park policies. Or are peopl...

August 24, 9:11am

All Reader Reviews by jennifer ross

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I used a prolite 3 for years (12-13 oz) and thought it was comfortable enough until I got a neoair. I love that I don't have to fuss anymore about clearing every stick and stone before i set up ca...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 23, 9:19pm

REI Sub Kilo 15* Ladies Regular
I bought this sleeping bag in Juneish and returned it after being stuck with it on the jmt. I loathed this bag. The seams didn't hold so feathers were everywhere, the zipper sticks 80% of the...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
September 26, 10:07pm