BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 131 - 140 of 845 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...85

Forum » Thread

Re: Peanut butter usefulness
if nothing else, it could make for a killer addition to trail curry... mmm...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Powdered peanut butter
February 12, 8:59am

Re: durable/breathable outer shell fabric
Roger C has some articles of home-made clothing for bushwhacking here... He uses Taslan which, if memory serves, is similar in durability to a Dyneema... he touts it for being rather light, tough a...

In Make Your Own Gear » durable/breathable outer shell fabric
February 12, 8:58am

Re: Candl Lantern Disappointment
JK - So, did the Big Lots candles not fit at all? You mentioned the ones it came with rattles around inside... PS - I believe that one is also produced by UCO. Or, I should say I know UCO makes ...

In GEAR » Candle lanterns
February 12, 8:56am

BB Pots
Jed A - Aluminum will hold up just fine, AS A POT, on wood fires. Brett T - The BB creator sized it to fit a SP900 pot, which are readily available. The BL 900 is the same pot used in the Trail ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy-compatible cookpot
February 12, 8:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Definitive Reply - You're Uncoated Ti is NOT damaged
"Yes, you can bake in two titanium pots without using water. I used to use a Evernew .9 liter pot and a snowpeak bowl. They nest great together. Now I use the pot that comes with the Tri-ti an...

In GEAR » Cooking Mishap--am I still safe?
February 12, 8:39am

Ti vs Al, Feeding your PG Stove, DIY-BBs
Michael S - Nicely built. Is that the one that I've seen that uses a quart paint can and a pint paint can? Michael S & Bill B - Passive Inverted Downdraft Gasifier stoves are meant to be...

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 12, 8:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Definitive Reply - You're Uncoated Ti is NOT damaged
"If I have correctly interpreted this thread, I can bake using two nested titanium pots with 3 rocks on the bottom and no water without damaging the pots. Has anyone done this?" Yes, y...

February 11, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Definitive Reply - You're Uncoated Ti is NOT damaged
From my little bit of research, the 'ceramic' coatings are simply an alternate construction / application / reinforcement of PTFE and are currently being used as a buzz word to get around s...

February 11, 3:15pm

Re: Re: Tri-Ti Caldera vs Bushbuddy
I've said this before and I'll say it again: BB is the cat's meow (both "neater" and "technically" more efficient), IF you plan on wood being your sole (or 95+% u...

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 11, 10:48am

$$ / Make Custom?
Ditto the question about how / if you're pricing these. I've noticed you post some of these before, and sold them, but never caught a price. PS - I love how the blue matches the superman...

In Gear Deals » New 10 oz.Climashield Quilt 40 F
February 11, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am