BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 131 - 140 of 499 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
If I were to try drinking NEAR-BOILING coffee, the temperature of the metal edge would be of very little concern to me!!

In Make Your Own Gear » Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
June 23, 1:06am

Re: Altimeter watch
I have tried a few alti-baro watches, including a Suunto Vector that I owned for a couple years. I was never satisfied with any of them until I got my latest - the Suunto Core. I am very happy wi...

In GEAR » Altimeter watch
June 20, 1:05pm

Re: A fire what!?!
Never had a need for a firebowl I guess. Didn't even know what they were called. I guess if you simply must have a campfire, it would be a pretty responsible way to do it. Probably too heavy...

In GEAR » A fire what!?!
June 19, 10:33pm

Re: MSR E-Wing ?
It's a great looking tarp, but only 7.5' point to point in the A-frame configuration, so too short for my taste.

In GEAR » MSR E-Wing ?
June 19, 10:28pm

Re: Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
A mid/low pot collar would definitely allow for the use of a shorter cone, but only a collar within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the pot would allow for a one piece cone that fully nests inside the po...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 17, 11:47pm

Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
See this post in MYOG for a brainstorming activity on a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug.

In GEAR » Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 17, 1:42am

Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
I would really like a titanium cone to fit the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug. But first the disclaimer: The Caldera Cone (TM) by Trail Designs is listed as a patent pending device. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 17, 1:37am

There really is a "Pertex Quantum Endurance"?!
Thanks Mike, I was apparently incorrect in my prior post. I did not find any mention of Pertex Quantum Endurance (PQE) on the Pertex website (only PQ or PE), but the circumstantial evidence clearl...

In GEAR » Tarps and Bivies
June 17, 1:06am

Re: Experience with the Montbell Breeze Dry-tech bivy?
No experience, but given all the new options out there in the last couple years, it might be time for BPL to do a state-of-the market report on WPB's and an assortment of products made from the...

In GEAR » Experience with the Montbell Breeze Dry-tech bivy?
June 17, 12:57am

Re: Are You Spreading the UL Gospel?
I suppose most of us are streading the word via these forums, but I rarely volunteer anything in person. If asked I will answer questions, but I try not to be preachy or imply that light is right....

In Philosophy & Technique » Are You Spreading the UL Gospel?
June 16, 10:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm