BPL Community Profile

Jed Augustine (jaugusti) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Appalachians/Rockies
About Me Student at the University of Chicago. I don't have much time to backpack, so I want to make my kit as simple and easy to go as possible. I am interested in the cathartic effects of spending time in the wilderness and its application in therapy and counseling.
CityAtlanta
StateGA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListJed's UL 1 Week 3 Season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jed Augustine

Showing 131 - 140 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Montbell Dry-Tec
Eric- I have heard that Montbell Dry-Tec is really great. Not as breathable as eVent, but approaching. Does anyone know whether Montbell DryTec or Gore-Tex PacLite is more breathable?

In GEAR » Precip Plus?
February 26, 8:35pm

Precip Plus = Membrane
I think Precip Plus is a membrane used in some of Marmot's rainwear. I seem to remember buying their Precip Jacket with tags saying something to the effect of "using our Precip Plus techno...

In GEAR » Precip Plus?
February 26, 8:33pm

Weird
This was a repost of a post I made above. I don't know how that happened.

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Inners in Layered Sleep System
February 22, 1:51pm

Golite Jam2 vs. ULA Conduit
Reading over the forums it seems that people really really like the ULA Conduit and choose it over the Golite Jam2, not to mention a few other very nice packs. Looking at the two myself, the only p...

In GEAR » Golite Jam2 vs. ULA Conduit
February 22, 1:38pm

Greatest Versatility/Simplicity
Colin- Jackpot! Thank you for your post. Its nice to hear from someone who does exactly what I'm thinking of doing! Do you have the Jacket or the Parka? If the parka, to what temp does th...

February 17, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Montbell UL Down Inners in Layered Sleep System
Hrmm... what would be the most efficient way to alter the system to achieve greater 3-season versatility/lower temp comfort?

February 16, 4:56pm

Montbell UL Down Inners in Layered Sleep System
Hey y'all- For you folks who use the Montbell UL Down Inner Parka (or jacket) and pants in your sleep system, how many degrees of comfort does it add? I know this depends on conditions, type...

February 16, 12:38pm

Length Golite Ultra 20*
I can't seem to find the length for the golite Ultra. I am 5'7 1/4 or so so I wondering if it makes sense to get the short and save a little on the weight. Does anyone know these numbers?

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
February 15, 3:07pm

WELL!
Tag removed?! That just spoils it! Just kidding. Sorry, its the sleep deprivation talking. Plus it was 38* and partly cloudy in Chicago today, so I am a little giddy over the "heat-wave&quo...

In Gear Swap » FS--Stuff/Stuff/Stuff....
February 14, 8:20pm

Oy! Sorry.
Johnathan- Sorry I went MIA. Midterms struck at the UNiversity so I've had my head buried in tests. I don't need the photon freedom anymore, but am still interested in the beanie. How mu...

In Gear Swap » FS--Stuff/Stuff/Stuff....
February 14, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Jed Augustine

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I'm partial too, though not from Seattle. Growing up in Atlanta there are not many places to go within the city that can excite you about the outdoors, but whenever the parents told me we were ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 22, 1:44pm