BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 131 - 140 of 325 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...33

Forum » Thread

Umbrella synergies
Try to see everything as a kit that works together and not just separate pieces. Having an umbrella may condition the rest of your rain gear: for example, a non-breathable (silnylon or cuben) rain ...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
September 27, 5:12pm

Ryan's results
By the way, I'm puzzled by Ryan's results: > We boiled 30 pots of water on a single 100g fuel canister in conditions that averaged 45 degrees, windy, and rainy ... > for 30x0.7L ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
September 27, 11:27am

Conventional top-mount fuel efficiency
Article says: > A conventional top-mount stove is simply not as fuel efficient as an integrated stove I understand this is all quite complicated as the variables are many but I must say I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
September 26, 4:04pm

Depends on each one's backpacking
I was intrigued by the potential difference between thru-hiking and backpacking according to the article until I realised that for me it's the same thing :) If anything, a thru-hike demands ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 21, 11:04am

Superb thru-hiking pack
The Virga has been my pack of choice for years for thru-hikes. I love this pack in almost all aspects and it fits (in the wide sense of the word) me perfectly for the long trips. The one thing I wo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Granite Gear Virga Review
August 11, 8:51am

Air-only pads
I have no direct experience with inflatable pads as I use CCF but I had to help a friend in search of an inflatable replacement and I'm inclined to recommend one of these air-only pads. I have ...

In GEAR » Air-only pads
August 09, 3:19pm

Light fleece works for UL backpacking
A thin fleece top is super useful: fleece is great insulation while active and a simple top is not heavy: in 100 wt polartec or similarly thin fleece, pullover style and with no frills, it should w...

In GEAR » Lightest fleece top?
July 18, 9:18am

Re: Microporous PU membranes
thanks a lot for the info. I suppose the thickness of the PU layer, either coated or laminated, will be a major factor in its durability, is that right?

In GEAR » Microporous PU membranes
December 23, 10:33am

Microporous PU membranes
that's my guess for coatings but it's only a guess so it's good to hear it's also someone else's :) Then, there's membranes where "membrane" supposedly means a ...

December 23, 8:43am

Microporous PU membranes
I wanna give this question another chance at the top of the list, I'm really interested. Anyone?

December 23, 6:21am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am