BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 131 - 140 of 6427 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: doug
Oh sure, plenty of hypocrites to go around. And some outlandishly, ridiculously hypocritical. It's why I don't much care for Al Gore, most (if not all) politicians, most prominent religious...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 27, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Hike locally
"Rationalize as you will to make yourself feel better, but the fact remains." Gosh Bob, I didn't realize we were talking about me, since I haven't railed against anything with ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 27, 1:49pm

Re: re: jerry
"Turn off lights Use windows smart thermostats turn off water when brushing low flow shower head pee off the porch don't bathe Ok at least one of those isn't true." Th...

June 27, 12:15pm

Re: Hike locally
"It always amazes me when people who claim to "embrace green-ness" get on an airplance and fly thousands of miles and then rent a car to go backpacking, as if the whole carbon-intens...

June 27, 11:02am

Re: Re: Re: @ Sarbar--What's up with ghee?
"Justin, make a batch! It is fun to do - and really easy overall :)" I've never made ghee, but I've made a bunch of gee (as in, gee, what the hell is that supposed to be?)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » @ Sarbar--What's up with ghee?
June 26, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
"I believe we must save water, but also make our yards welcoming to bees, birds and more. We NEED flowers. We need reasons for them to come." Agree. Interesting article on how "ov...

June 26, 9:55am

Here's one for the numbers geeks
Nature by Numbers, Visualized. Pretty cool, really.

In On the Web » Here's one for the numbers geeks
June 25, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Clarification
A condition where your eyes go all haywire. Don't you Europeans know anything? .

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 25, 2:37pm

Re: Clarification
MTVR means you didn't use google.

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 25, 2:26pm

Re: Recycle your Ti.
"Me too. I'm stumped. Now that I can't have Ti poles, I really, really want them." A short, but similar, discussion on Ti: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackingli...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
June 25, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am