Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 131 - 140 of 6982 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
"no one laughs at my jokes NOOOOOOOOO....." Our bad. We thought you were serious about all that galactic core stuff, good to know you were joking. We'll laugh next time you talk ab...

In Gear Deals » Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
January 07, 7:17pm

Re: Running does NOT cause arthritis
"Running DOES improve bone density, cardiovascular health, and muscle tone." And, one hopes, my dating chances....

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 07, 5:26pm

Re: BEST WINTER FOODS?
Sea Bear makes some pretty amazing chowders. I've carried the Smoked Salmon Spicy White Bean Soup on winter backpacking trips. Heavy, sure, who cares. It's a wonderfully satisfying treat on...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BEST WINTER FOODS?
January 07, 5:24pm

The difference between cats and dogs
Illustrated pretty well, I think, in this video. Added bonus, the pup is cute as heck. http://digg.com/video/french-bulldog-puppy-antagonizes-a-cat-who-couldnt-care-less

In Chaff » The difference between cats and dogs
January 06, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Silnylon and urine
Thanks Greg.

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon and urine
January 06, 4:34pm

Re: Re: Silnylon and urine
She's old, it's not her fault! Thanks for the info.

January 06, 3:06pm

Look ma, snow!
As one poster said, it's way off the cute-o-meter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZ3-OD0ml0

In Chaff » Look ma, snow!
January 06, 2:14pm

Re: This is BPL after all....
1.1oz waterproof-silicone impregnated rip-stop nylon

January 06, 1:14pm

Silnylon and urine
If, say, silnylon encasing a mattress is peed on, and not taken care of right away, will the smell wash out of the sil?

January 06, 12:34pm

Re: Leaving a pet behind for a thru hike?
If you trust your friend, then your cat won't have a crappy life for 5 months. He should adjust pretty well as long as he's getting the love and attention from your friend that you give him...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leaving a pet behind for a thru hike?
January 05, 8:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am