Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 131 - 140 of 7247 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: Depends
I've had mine below zero, well, with wind chill anyway. No issues.

In GEAR » Does Cuben crack in the cold?
February 21, 7:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
"I recently ordered some Buffalo mitts from them and they were here in a week or so." Funny! I ordered the Buffalo mitts last week, as well as a Buffalo Special 6 shirt and hood.

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
February 21, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Cabin fever?
"I have been thinking that someone could just take the business model here and create another site. But actually execute and put a lot of time into it. There's certainly a market for it..&...

In Chaff » Cabin fever?
February 21, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Paramo & weather
"Jackson Sports in Ireland will ship to the US at a reasonable rate and will deduct the sales tax (which us about 20%)" Big +1 to Jackson Sports. I've ordered from them a few times...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
February 21, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Re: New Garmin epix
There's always this: http://www.leikr.com Though I don't use a gps, I've always thought that the iPod Touch with Bad Elf dongle was about the perfect gps.

In GEAR » New Garmin epix
February 21, 12:06pm

Re: OdorZout
Thanks Kenneth!

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon and urine
February 20, 10:06pm

Re: Re: Life Lesson #4,217
Minnesota.

In Chaff » Life Lesson #4,217
February 20, 8:54pm

Life Lesson #4,217
If you're training for a winter hike like me, here's a tip: snowshoes really don't work well on a treadmill....

In Chaff » Life Lesson #4,217
February 20, 7:33pm

Re: Definitely Husky...
"The Siberian Husky hair that gets into everything is definitely the most insulative." I think I'd probably agree with this, especially if you get the undercoat stuck in your hat....

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL UL merino beanie
February 20, 2:30pm

SOLD: BPL UL merino beanie
SOLD No rips, tears, stains, but plenty of dog hair. $20 shipped.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL UL merino beanie
February 20, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am