BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 131 - 140 of 6561 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical
Interesting. Their own shipping page shows Colorado as receiving items within 3-7 business days when using SmartPost, plus an additional 1-3 days processing time, so 3-7 business days once it leave...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical?
August 02, 6:14pm

Re: Re:Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical?
something isn't right. Fedex ground to your post office, then your post office to you, shouldn't take anywhere near 12 days. Does the tracking number show that the package was actually pick...

August 02, 4:17pm

Re: Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical?
What's the shipping method?

August 02, 3:09pm

Re: Wow
"Sounds a bit biased for the press." We have a different idea of what bias means. Asking valid questions about both sides of an issue isn't bias, presenting only one side is, which...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
July 31, 9:53pm

Re: Lost article after purchase
Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for support tickets to go unanswered for long periods of time. I've had one in for a number of weeks that I never received a reply to, as have others. So th...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Lost article after purchase
July 31, 9:01am

A Surgeon's POV Of A Complete Knee Replacement
I wonder if this will make GoPro's greatest hits! "A lot like that cabinet you tried to make in wood shop, a knee replacement requires a ton of specialized cutting jigs (who knew?). Unl...

In Chaff » A Surgeon's POV Of A Complete Knee Replacement
July 30, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Pick a side yet?
Interesting analogy Roger. You 'situation' actually happens, in slightly different form, far too often in America. Part of the public is, as you can imagine, outraged. Part doesn't thin...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
July 30, 9:45am

Re: Prolite Gear - Gambler Sale
I like Prolite. Thanks for the heads up John!

In Gear Deals » Prolite Gear - Gambler Sale
July 30, 9:40am

My party has lost its soul...
Fascinating article. It's quite long, but worth the read, IMO. Three of my favorite paragraphs: If Democrats had caught populist fever they’d be reappraising their own orthodoxy and off...

In Chaff » My party has lost its soul...
July 27, 8:40pm

Re: Re: Re: 3m tape curing
Might want to try sending him a PM since he hasn't posted to BPL in four years.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Air Matress...
July 27, 9:12am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am