Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 131 - 140 of 291 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Sun cups
LOL!I'm almost thru with getting pics posted on my trip report, I'll make sure to post it when its done; yeah, the sun cups were pretty interresting! A couple of spots farther south, ie lik...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHR trip report
August 16, 10:09pm

Re: SHR trip report
I've posted a detailed trip report on my web site;, and also included a synopsis of my gear and what worked and what didn't. I'll have some pictures up in another...

August 15, 9:39pm

muir pass
no, our loads were very light. I think that going N to S had a lot to do with it. Also haveing done 50+ miles in the last 3 days had us worn down. The worst was just the constant soaked and battere...

August 09, 5:45pm

SHR trip report
Well, here's the short post, with a very detailed and in depth report to follow a bit later. Left July 30 from Idaho, flew to Reno, drove down and was dropped off at Onion Valley that late a...

August 09, 5:21pm

Hey, good luck and safe hiking! I'm flying to Reno Saturday, hiking from Onion Valley over to Kings Canyon, and then Royal and I start the SHR on Monday the 1st! Looking forward to some fun !~!~!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT/SHR
July 27, 8:38pm

Re: Lunar Duo vs Scarp 2: which one?
+1 on the Lunar Duo. I really like mine. I like the roominess, including head room, I'm 6' and can sit up easily. Two people fit with no problems, light enough that I take it for myself oft...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo vs Scarp 2: which one?
July 26, 4:40pm

old story, new gear
This is nothing new, nothing that screams to the heavens, oh my, Eureka! Climbers from way back have been faced with this same dilemna and the same questions since the first climber headed up into ...

In GEAR » A 10 lb baseweight for Alpine Climbs
July 19, 9:11pm

Re: Trail shoes for (slightly) wide feet
+1 on the Sportiva Wildcats. I just got a pair for my SHR hike and am super impressed with the fit. I have a narrow heel and a wide foot, and the toe box is nice and roomy, and the heel is well def...

In GEAR » Trail shoes for (slightly) wide feet
July 18, 4:45pm

traction devices
Hey everyone! Witht the big snowpack this year, I'm looking for some feedback with regards to the pros and cons of using a bonafide pair of traction devices for the passes on the SHR. The two I...

In Philosophy & Technique » traction devices
July 06, 6:01pm

Re: Bear canister on SHR - two questions
Hannes, when are you planning on starting your hike?

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 27, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am