Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 131 - 140 of 286 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Lunar Duo vs Scarp 2: which one?
+1 on the Lunar Duo. I really like mine. I like the roominess, including head room, I'm 6' and can sit up easily. Two people fit with no problems, light enough that I take it for myself oft...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo vs Scarp 2: which one?
July 26, 4:40pm

old story, new gear
This is nothing new, nothing that screams to the heavens, oh my, Eureka! Climbers from way back have been faced with this same dilemna and the same questions since the first climber headed up into ...

In GEAR » A 10 lb baseweight for Alpine Climbs
July 19, 9:11pm

Re: Trail shoes for (slightly) wide feet
+1 on the Sportiva Wildcats. I just got a pair for my SHR hike and am super impressed with the fit. I have a narrow heel and a wide foot, and the toe box is nice and roomy, and the heel is well def...

In GEAR » Trail shoes for (slightly) wide feet
July 18, 4:45pm

traction devices
Hey everyone! Witht the big snowpack this year, I'm looking for some feedback with regards to the pros and cons of using a bonafide pair of traction devices for the passes on the SHR. The two I...

In Philosophy & Technique » traction devices
July 06, 6:01pm

Re: Bear canister on SHR - two questions
Hannes, when are you planning on starting your hike?

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 27, 6:08pm

Re: need HELP with wilderness permits
Even though I am from the US, I wasn't familiar with the permit system either. But I spoke with the permiting office, and I was told that once you get your permit, it is good for the duration o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » need HELP with wilderness permits
June 24, 3:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: On Trail Nutrition Questions
Tom, thanks so much for the details! I am beginning to understand alot more of what these mixes, and how they can be used. I think that this is kind of another level of the UL experience. Where we...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » On Trail Nutrition Questions
June 23, 9:34pm

Re: Re: On Trail Nutrition Questions
I've looked into these mixes as well. Good to hear that they seem to enhance performance. However, they are really heavy! How are you balancing this with regard to your menu for longer trips. F...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » On Trail Nutrition Questions
June 22, 6:29pm

Reds Meadow
Hey everyone, its getting down to my dates to send a re-supply to Reds. I read on their site that they say it takes about 30 days for a package to get there. I wanted to double check with others an...

In Philosophy & Technique » Reds Meadow
June 17, 12:00pm

hmmmmmm
well, tried and failed with these codes.....??? any ideas? the runbloggers coupon worked! thanks again!

In Gear Deals » running warehouse coupon codes
June 13, 11:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am