BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Earth (mostly)
About Me Semi-retired from a govt type job working on the side. Goal here is more MPD in a UL, yet comfy style to experience scenic hikes without sweating buckets, but also crank out miles if needed for whatever. Mix hikes with travel too. Not into snowy sagas or recreating a French Foreign Legion forced desert march .. but never say never.

Gear list was for 3 days but made it almost as a "24-hour" adventure (like 25 hours) using the Z-pack
Statethe West is the Best
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 131 - 140 of 966 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...97

Forum » Thread

Re: Any Enigma Quilt Reports???
I received my 20F (reg, long) Enigma recently and used it this past weekend ...but the low was only in the mid- 30's. I was pretty hot and let the sides loose( but I sleep hot ... but I went t...

In GEAR » Any Enigma Reports???
November 18, 8:34am

Apache Kid wilderness 24 (a sleet filled gear test .. lightweight, trad, and superheavy)
Friday, I got away for a quick 24 hour trip (due to work) to the Apache Kid wilderness between Albuquerque NM and Las Cruces NM. It is a seldom visited wilderness area and about 30 minutes on grav...

In Post-Trip Reports » Apache Kid wilderness 24 (a sleet filled gear test .. lightweight, trad, and superheavy)
November 17, 5:32pm

Southbound CDT Thru
Definitely good stuff. As for spending more time in each, been thinking it might be worth getting a vehicle, parking it at the TH at each, … the Gila, San Juan's, etc.. and spending several ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Southbound CDT Thru
November 17, 4:53pm

Re: Shires podcast
If it was the same podcast, there was also a concern over the premium price for Cuben and worries about a material that did not have a bit of "give". Maybe the latter has been resolved w...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Solplex
November 14, 8:22pm

Re: Colorado trail in mid-aug to September??
Along this same thread, is there an advantage to doing a CT thru-hike SOBO vs. NOBO in late summer? It would seem going from Durango to Denver would be easier logistically*. Already did the basic...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado trail in mid-aug to September??
November 14, 8:41am

Re: Traversing the Adirondacks by Foot and Packraft
Great article showcasing a place I thought was simply flat lakes.(Ack! make that flat lands)

In Editor's Roundtable » Traversing the Adirondacks by Foot and Packraft
November 13, 8:39pm

Re: Options for winter in the south west US (without snow)
You could do the Mazatzal wilderness north of Phoenix along the Verde River (need to pack water for the day and treat that river water); the Bloody Basin vehicle path (not calling it a road) is pre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Options for winter in the south west US (without snow)
November 13, 4:19pm

FS: ULA Catalyst - PRICE DROP Large, Large - like new
see update in Gear Swap and other packs I'm selling.

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Catalyst, Prolite short
November 12, 11:31am

Re: Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
Really depends. On the coast, there are so many people, you may want to keep your nature stash secret. In the interior west, most are drawn to the high-points (along crests and going up to peaks...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
November 12, 9:49am

Prolite SOLD
Prolite SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Catalyst, Prolite short
November 09, 7:07pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.