Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, likely going 2 weeks or more with upcoming severance. Lightening up but with an eye towards toughness and hiking convenience (secure drying on the trail. quick set up, etc...), but also a bit better food (and beverage) for most overnights. Then again I might want to do a spartan "fast n'light" overnight ... and the gear closet grows.
I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 131 - 140 of 1395 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: All You Need to Know About Fastpacking
Fantastic article. Think you can post that if anyone asks how do I. get into ..? Devote the rest of SUL subforum into specific gear or gear specifics.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » All You Need to Know About Fastpacking
December 26, 6:38am

Re: Winter Pack
Was thinking about a McHale with a hood add-on and daisy chains to strap on gear. I think the smaller capacities would be useful on a hut-to-hut or yurt hike where only carrying survival gear. Of...

In Winter Hiking » Design THE perfect light winter backpack
December 26, 6:33am

Re: Re June
Just to add to what Luke said, even with unlikely large amt of snow on the trail via Jacks Ck., someone will have cut through the snow by Memorial Day Wkd. Heck, I've been that person postholi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness snow June 2015?
December 26, 6:28am

Re: Re: Patagonia Footwear Discotinued
Apparently Patagonia footwear too small a profit for Wolverine, though Wolverine also closed some unrelated shoe stores too (just cutting the less profitable stuff): http://www.crainsdetroit.co...

In GEAR » Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
December 25, 11:27pm

Seinfield: All things on Earth only exist in different stages of becoming garbage
Tonight Show monologue starts after audience notified they were each getting a gift TV ... main monologue starts at 1 min: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfYzlSNHapA Won't replace Carlin...

In Chaff » Seinfield: All things on Earth only exist in different stages of becoming garbage
December 24, 8:30pm

Tough to tell this early
Big snow dumps can occur in spring too, but currently the Santa Fe basin area is only at 85% http://m.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/storm-delivers-snow-high-winds/article_e79e4862-192a-...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness snow June 2015?
December 23, 12:40pm

Re: How well does the Enlightened Equipment strap system REALLY work?
They work to secure the quilt to the pad but I do not get tangled up like a mummy bag. No issues with them out on a trip, just a little bit more setup and tear down time

In GEAR » How well does the Enlightened Equipment strap system REALLY work?
December 21, 7:18pm

Re: drake
Wouldn't worry, doubt it was real anyways - the military tells you not to emphasize your overseas service online anymore, especially in combat or intel. Like I can't reveal my real name is...

In Chaff » hatchet vs large survival knife?
December 16, 12:47pm

Re: Re: Design THE perfect light winter backpack
@Richard - looking at the same thing after I wrote this (trimmed snowsport pack?) and this would actually be in Spring, so not much hanging around camp clothing. Looking at 15-20°F colder than a ...

December 15, 1:38pm

Design THE perfect light winter backpack
Open to suggestions: A pack that can do the "worst" for regular backpacking (not mountaineering or climbing), which is haul snow mobility gear halfway up a mountain, where said gear needs...

December 15, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.