BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 131 - 140 of 1582 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...159

Forum » Thread

tenkara gear, myog & newbie apprehension
Dont get worried, I'll only know a few people here and only one I've met face to face. A few others via forums like HJ, a stovie guru. Duane

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 06, 9:00am

GGG Whatcha Bringing?
Thanks for your video John. I'll be picking yours and others brains about tarps and SUL shelters. Duane

January 06, 6:47am

GGG Whatcha Bringing?
Good morning Ken. I'll bring a few old stoves, some for the CG the first night and a few to pack in. If HJ wants to see the 11 Explorer, he'll have to see it at the TH parking. I have a ...

January 05, 10:28am

S2S nano netting inside a trailstar?
Netting comes out to 3.1 oz., stuff sack is .3 oz., just got one in the mail Saturday. I'm still up in the air over a new shelter. Ground level wind protection or shaped tarp or flat tarp for ...

In GEAR » S2S nano netting inside a trailstar?
January 05, 10:12am

windscreen on a canister stove
Winter temp conditions. It was in the upper 20F's at the time I think, as I was watching my dinner and watching ice form on a nearby snow melt puddle. I'll have to make some mods to the w...

In GEAR » ?? For Whisperlite Internat'l owners
January 02, 5:21pm

windscreen on a canister stove
Christmas Eve, I used my SP Gigapower stove to simmer dinner for about 15 minutes. I had earlier this month, made an aluminum flashing windscreen for it so it would be more efficient. I monitored...

In GEAR » ?? For Whisperlite Internat'l owners
January 02, 2:03pm

Consider shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
Nothing for sale, still belongs here. Duane

In Gear Swap » Consider shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
January 01, 8:12pm

BCA analog snow thermometer C only :(
For something to do this evening, I've been looking at numerous thermometers. Good and bad reviews, all over the place. Back Country Access analog snow thermometer, under an oz. which was very...

In GEAR » BCA analog snow thermometer C only :(
January 01, 8:11pm

Consider shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
When I put something up for sell and shipping is included, I just put "if shipped to CONUS". Does not mean I won't ship elsewhere. Good to know though that USPS is the same for AK, ...

In Gear Swap » Consider shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
January 01, 6:37pm

New pump and old pump
Could have been a bad part. Putting too much "English" maybe on the pump plunger or you cracked it during the rebuild? :) Do you recall if having to hold the plunger hard to maybe replac...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
January 01, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.