BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 131 - 140 of 1687 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...169

Forum » Thread

FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
The Bearikade's do hold their value. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
March 17, 2:02pm

Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
Dena, I never did anything with my dogs, but then never had tents as expensive as I have now. An old SD Half Moon was what I had with Pooch and the dobies when they were all alive. Seems the poly...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
March 17, 11:49am

Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X
No discount for the items being used? Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
March 17, 6:47am

Cuben floor
I had thought that if I got another ZPacks Hex tent, I'd cut a oval out of the bottom netting and just place my polycryo gc over that, to save a little weight. I should be getting my Solplex i...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
March 16, 2:54pm

Harrison Pass?
How are folks getting across Bubbs Creek at Jct Meadow? I was there a couple years ago and was going to do part of the trip you are thinking about, with other parts added in. Bubbs Creek seemed t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Harrison Pass?
March 12, 6:25pm

F1/Pocket Rocket
I have a recycled F1, had a PR, have a MicroRocket now. Have never checked efficiency on them. I only had to place some oil on the spindle of the F1 to get it to move, it must of had water boil o...

In GEAR » Recommend me a canister stove.
March 10, 1:18pm

TOAKS 900 vs Evernew 900
6 grams, 1/4 oz.? Don't top the water bottle/bladder off. :) Duane

In Gear Deals » Slight restock of Evernew Bladders & Mugs and Kovea Spider Stoves
March 09, 10:13pm

Thread drift, old Optimus 8's
Bob, use them or lose them. No way are they gonna get moth balled, I empty the fuel out after a trip. I had my Radius 43 roarer out snow camping this weekend up here in the Bucks Lake Wilderness,...

In GEAR » Cold weather cooking - stove choices
March 09, 3:55pm

Thread drift, old Optimus 8's
I try to get my 8/8R's out, with so many, it is hard to get some use out of them. The 10 are only a small fraction of my old/vintage stove collection which I only started four years ago. HJ (...

March 07, 8:57pm

To each the their own
I have ten Optimus 8/8R's and one Russian clone, run great after a good prime. I've read that the original 123/123R's made in Sweden are better quality than the new R's, made in Ch...

March 07, 2:01pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.