BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 131 - 140 of 385 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...39

Forum » Thread

kayaking
hey all So, part of my trip this summer in Alaska, is going to be 5 days of kayaking off the coast. I have done a fair amount of day trips on kayaks, but never anything major like this. I had a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kayaking
May 24, 12:29am

thanks
Thanks for the insight... I was gonna buy it today, which is why I asked....ill have to buy it when I get there I guess. THANKS!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray on a plane
May 19, 12:42pm

bear spray on a plane
Hey all Just had a quick question....wanted to know if you are allowed to bring bear spray on a plane if it is packed in your checked bags? Thanks Dan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray on a plane
May 19, 12:16pm

northface quarter zip polartec
I have a northface quarter zip that weighs 7.4 ounces.

In GEAR » Lightest fleece top?
May 18, 7:35pm

Alaska cookin
haha...ya I ment grill...a girl on the fire would be kinda crazy! Bob- I honestly am a little worried about the bears...I know I will be doing the cooking a ways away from where I am camping, an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cooking Salmon in Alaska
May 17, 11:40am

Cooking Salmon in Alaska
Hey all Wondering if you guys had any tips or idea about how to prep and cook any fish caught in Alaska. I am doing a trip in Alaska this summer, with the main focus on fishing. Hoping to catch ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cooking Salmon in Alaska
May 17, 12:38am

JMT fishing
I have been backpacking all over the sierras around the JMT for years, with the main reason being to fish. You can fish juuuuust about anywhere along the route as long as you have a California fis...

In Fishing » Fishing the JMT.
May 04, 12:00am

Fly Fishing
I would def bring some tan elk hairs....that is always my go to fly. And a spinning rod and bubble set up is a great choice. You can cast way out into lakes, and also be able to do short delicate...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning a trip out west and needing some help
May 03, 8:57am

thanks
Ediwn, thanks for the great advice. What do you think of the PN-40? I have been playing with it a bit around my house. I have the basics figured out. Still havent tried to manually place coordi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » learning to use a GPS unit
April 30, 2:36am

which one
Sorry forgot to say that haha. its a Delorme earthmate PN-40

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » learning to use a GPS unit
April 29, 4:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.