BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 131 - 140 of 476 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...48

Forum » Thread

Huge Arcteryx fan here, but...
I LOVE arcteryx. Nearly everyday I've got either an arcteryx shirt, fleece, or jacket of some sort on me. For backpacking, I always being dead bird baselayers. Either phase sl, ar, or SV dep...

In GEAR » Should I be carrying more Dead Birds?
February 25, 2:19am

Awesome!
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! I'm thinking of doing that route soon. I have a few questions: 1. Was the terrain and snow pack such that snowshoes were adequate the entire time? (I'...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dewey Point, 1/11 to 1/13/2013
January 15, 9:49am

Yosemite Falls 1-4-2013 video trip report
Heya, I actually camped on top of the falls. There was not many people in the valley, and zero people on top of the falls. I was cutting my own trail through the snow on top, so no one had been...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite Falls 1-4-2013 video trip report
January 14, 11:07am

Yes it was even more beautiful in real life :). This was my first time seeing Yosemite in the winter and it looks like a painting. So amazing. Definitely a little sketchy with all the falling ic...

January 13, 10:44pm

Here ya go: http://youtu.be/WldJC20woLk I froze my butt off. It was awesome :)

January 11, 1:57am

Thanks guys
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'll try that garbage bag trick.

In GEAR » Dumb question about inflating X-therm
January 03, 5:29pm

Dumb question about inflating X-therm
I finally purchased a neo air Xtherm, and the inflator bag is killing me. After perhaps 75 pumps, I gave up and blew it up normally. Do I have to use the inflator bag? Will the moisture from my ...

In GEAR » Dumb question about inflating X-therm
January 03, 4:02pm

Yosemite Falls this weekend (Jan 4-6)
Happy new year everyone! To help warm up for the winter season I've decided to hike up Yosemite falls this weekend. Starting at the valley floor and climbing up to upper falls, then the next ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite Falls this weekend (dec 4-6)
January 01, 5:04pm

Help Chris pick a winter trip
Hey there, I've got some time off in early Jan, and I can't for the life of me decide where to go for an awesome 4 day winter trip. Here's some options I've been debating so far:...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help Chris pick a winter trip
December 14, 2:48am

Hetch hetchy?
Hi Greg, do you have a trip report for that? I'm very interested in doing that loop sometime soon and want to get as many details as possible. I'm assuming there's not much snow u...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter Hiking Yosemite Valley to Merced Lake
December 07, 11:58pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.