Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 5308 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...531

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Shoulder Issues
"This means your internal rotators and your pecs are tight, and your back/shoulder blade/external rotators are stretched out and weak. " Thanks Jen. That is the insight I was hoping f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Shoulder Issues
November 03, 8:50am

Re: What if you can't push the PLB button?
"... you could carry BOTH an Inreach and a higher power dedicated PLB." "Power" per se, is irrelevant. The two distinct functions are the crux of the matter.

In GEAR » Personal locator Beacons (PLB's) recommendations
November 02, 8:50pm

Re: Re
"The Spot uses 400 miliwatts while 406 MHz Personal Locator beacons on average use 5 Watts. So you would need about 12 SPOT units to equal the power of one PLB." Not quite apples to ...

November 02, 12:00pm

Shoulder Issues
Right – see a Doc, get diagnosed. Thanks. First I'd like to do some strengthening. Experience with the rest of my body indicates that, in general, some muscle groups are not playing well...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Shoulder Issues
November 02, 11:30am

Re: RE
"Is the Inreach a "true" PLB as one would think of in that it sends an emergency signal to a government satellite receiving center" Cospas-Sarsat is the government operated...

November 02, 10:50am

Re: Skepticism is good
NOLS is a "group" situation. Individuals is another situation. In the former, treating dishes and treating hands could be the critical elements. In the later, assuming we can'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
November 02, 7:23am

Re: Re: Re: backcountry coffee
"...allowing the coffee oils to transfer ..." I have always believed that paper (cellulose) absorbs the oils. Are the bags a synthetic of some sort?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
October 29, 8:34am

Re: Re: Gear for Patagonia (Torres del Paine, Chalten/Fitz Roy, Ushuaia) in March
Above and to the right, under Forums, click on "Search Forums". "Patagonia" goes in the Query box. For In Forum, use the drop-down to find Pre-Trip Planning (the last choi...

In Gear Lists » Gear for Patagonia (Torres del Paine, Chalten/Fitz Roy, Ushuaia) in March
October 28, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Locking zipper help
As noted in my link above - "I remove the locking spring on many of my lightweight tops and shells..." Many of my hoody and shell zips are #3, a few are #5, and most come with just ...

In GEAR » Locking zipper help
October 28, 10:38am

Re: Locking zipper help
I don't know that particular zipper by number, but - Maybe this will help. Your image looks very similar, with the locking tooth at the "top" end of the body. Good Luck.

In GEAR » Locking zipper help
October 27, 9:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm