Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 5492 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...550

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: ticket update
Just post a copy of the image in the Beyond our Boundaries Article. You'll get someone's attention. If not, I'll flag it for you. Let me know. I almost got burned at the local li...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ad blocker for mobile devices
December 30, 5:39pm

Re: Re: ArcGIS ?
John - ArcGIS - It looks like a full blown GIS app. At $2500 to start, per year. I live at the end of a crappy two-wire 64K land line. Cloud apps are painful. I see a bunch of general...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mapping Software for a Mac ?
December 30, 5:33pm

Re: Garmin Basecamp
Mike W - The core is a free download but as far as I can tell I have to by map sets to do anything in the woods. About $390 + S&H to get the western US on DVD. Or am I missing something?

December 30, 5:21pm

Re: Re: Re: I'm converted to lightweight
"As far as iodine goes, reference hundreds of thousands of soldiers, with little choice or regard as to the source, successfully using iodine for decades in real field conditions domestically ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 30, 12:17pm

Re: Testing
Another simple test is to place a shoulder area in a large bowl, fill it with water, gather it together into a water-filled sphere, and squeeze. Do it in the bathtub. I found a seam leak this...

In GEAR » Pack straps and W/B jacket seepage
December 30, 11:49am

Mapping Software for a Mac ?
I'm moving from (the discontinued) National Geographic's Topo State Series on an XP machine to something on a Mac. I use Topo for route planning, specifically distances and profiles. Being...

December 30, 11:43am

Re: Pack straps and W/B jacket seepage
"I go for a walk every day after work, carrying a HMG Windrider pack with 20# in it. I do a 2-hour loop" "Could the fabric be so poor that even extended light contact with pack st...

In GEAR » Pack straps and W/B jacket seepage
December 30, 11:01am

Re: LT
"The end goal of my original post was to raise LT during the hike to make a normal hiking pace produce less fatigue and allow for more hours of hiking." A small bit of semantics, just ...

In Philosophy & Technique » VO2max and long distance hiking
December 30, 10:43am

Re: AquaMira drops
Your avatar says it all. Sisyphus is still at it ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » AquaMira drops
December 30, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking alone female, advantage
"...they taped camera batteries to their chest so when they summitted Everest they could have a working camera to take a picture. So there they are, near the summit unzipping the storm jack...

In Philosophy & Technique » Let's talk about the advantages of being a single female backpacker for a change....
December 30, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm