Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 5221 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...523

Forum » Thread

PolyCro Bathtub Floor?
In This Thread Randy Cain used a SOL Emergency Blanket to make a bathtub floor for his 'mid. I'd like to do that using polycro. If anyone has done it, I'd like to know how ...

In Make Your Own Gear » PolyCro Bathtub Floor?
September 09, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: LEAVE NO TRACE & Native American Indians
No pyramids in north america. But plenty of "mounds". Traces persisting for about 5000+ years.

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 09, 4:35pm

Re: Re: LEAVE NO TRACE
"When the first Europeans landed in the Americas, they described it as one vast untouched wilderness." Except for the routine controlled burns. And the impact of a few million folks l...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 09, 3:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: bears and food
"My point was precisely what you are reiterating - that we should not base our conclusions on anecdotes or one-off incidents. " Well, that takes care of Lori's post. Thanks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
September 09, 11:42am

WTT, WTB: Exped UL7 LW for a MW
nm

In Gear Swap » WTT, WTB: Exped UL7 LW for a MW
September 09, 8:32am

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
Competition. The "sweet ones" keep the "stinky ones" in check. Balance is the name of the game.

In GEAR » Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
September 08, 7:59am

Re: Just got back
Nice Keith. Congrats!

In Gear Lists » First Solo on JMT gear list
September 07, 9:50pm

Grand Canyon: North Rim to Point Imperial Ride ?
I start a hike down Nankoweap on Sept. 23 and need a ride to Point Imperial on the 22nd. (Reasonable compensation, of course.) Does anyone have a North Rim contact who might be able help with a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon: North Rim to Point Imperial Ride ?
September 07, 9:35pm

Re: PIF Bear spray (Madison, WI)
It's not easy, but it can be done - It's registered as a pesticide, and is under a liter. But unless you get some help from the manufacturer, it will be difficult to lead the PO t...

In Gear Swap » PIF Bear spray (Madison, WI)
August 24, 9:42pm

Re: Re: forget the olive oil...
David - "Skurka points out that oil is the most calorie dense (and space efficient) food you can pack. He eats mostly chocolate." Oh, please ... "On top of this, fatty-ac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking food
August 24, 7:46am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm