BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 4979 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...498

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles
What I use is an "old school" rubber-like product. Grippy, stretches, conforms and bonds around irregular shapes, forms a watertight seal. What I use is Not one of the newer silicon ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
June 26, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles
I use a self-adhering "rubber" tape, often used in electrical work.

June 26, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Cuben Fiber question for the experts
Nothing is "fool" proof.

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber question for the experts
June 26, 1:35pm

Re: Hiking 5,000 miles to raise money for the trail associations
What is the difference between a "charity" and a "trail association"? "I hope to change the dialogue about long distance hiking by fundraising for the trails and ho...

In On the Web » Hiking 5,000 miles to raise money for the trail associations
June 26, 1:07pm

Re: Trekking Poles
Extolled above ^^^^ "Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles" 15.2 ounces/pair (according to BD) ~ $140 [LT4s for me.]

June 26, 11:30am

Re: Floppy?
"I put the rolled Gossamer Gear sleep pad in. I put the Thermarest inside of that." I'm guessing here... You have a cylinder of sleep pads inside the pack, and you then stuff that...

In GEAR » Hints on how to pack a PCT lack tightly?
June 26, 8:54am

Re: Kg
Base Weight - I assumed "skin out", minus food, water, and fuel. What is your definition?

In GEAR » Planning for a BPL Poll
June 25, 10:58am

Re: Hints on how to pack a PCT lack tightly?
How do you pack your ThermaRest? Arrange it to place the valve at the top, and inflate after packing. But, as Nick mentions - compression straps are the way to go. And, since this is BPL...

In GEAR » Hints on how to pack a PCT lack tightly?
June 25, 9:12am

Re: Re: Re: Lamination risks
"...warn users not to apply full pressure..." Please explain how to accomplish this. It would greatly improve the comfort of a relatively thin pad. Thanks.

In GEAR » New Thermarest Evolite - any details known?
June 25, 8:09am

Re: alarm clock
^^^^^ "...and it was loud enough to wake me up. I attach it to the front pole on my shelter. That way, it was within a foot or so from my ears." "I purchased a new digital al...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
June 24, 7:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm