BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 5083 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...509

Forum » Thread

Re: "failures in the (very) few tests of PLB transmission"
I haven't said they are perfect. I explicitly said a failure is possible. You said that we are overlooking PLB failures. Cite One instance of system failure.

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 17, 9:12pm

Re: "Quoting Zorg blows a lot of credibility. Really."
I'm not the one who said - "PLB fans are not only overlooking the failures in the (very) few tests of PLB transmission..." - and that is what I am seeking clarification on. ...

July 17, 9:03pm

Re: PLB Tests
"SPOT and inReach often get a bad rep because their capabilities are always being tested, and the relatively few anomalies (on a % basis) generate lots of internet posts." Quoting Zorg...

July 17, 8:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Stewardship
^^^^ The 2nd sentence of the link above says - "While we try to track this information, we still ask that you contact the local agencies for up-to-date regulations." Thank you J...

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 17, 8:37pm

Re: inReach/Iridium/GEOS vs PLB/COSPAS-SARSAT/NOAA
"PLB fans are not only overlooking the failures in the (very) few tests of PLB transmission..." Details please. Are you referring to "operator error" or some sort "be...

July 17, 8:21pm

Re: Connected on the trail
From a PCT blog - "At 5 p.m. we get a text from xxxx, at the Klum campground next to the resevoir. Making dinner. Free showers, she says. It’s a few miles away, and a third of a mile off ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Connected on the trail
July 17, 4:39pm

Re: Lost Tarp
ttt

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Tarp
July 17, 4:26pm

Re: New communication device
Don't forget - Michael also informed us the the Haglöfs sleeping bag award. No telling when sarcasm will be sneaking in.

In GEAR » New communication device
July 17, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Sept JMT Gear List
"If you get the un-zippable kind, ..." zippable un-zippable hummmm...... ;-)

In Gear Lists » Sept JMT Gear List
July 16, 4:30pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Bag
The post, or the award?

In GEAR » "Haglöfs wins design award for sleeping bag"
July 16, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm