BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 131 - 140 of 5019 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...502

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: 4 g Esbit tablets
"I emailed ESBIT about what info they had on combustion byproducts, and got no response." +1 I asked if there was any difference between the 14g and 4 g tablets. Alas ...

In GEAR » stored ESBIT "odour"
July 03, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Locus CP3 Pole 'rattle'
nm

In GEAR » Locus Gear
July 03, 12:01pm

Re: Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
I do well with a good granola, eaten with water. I used to add in powdered milk, but have since stopped. I take two versions, one with lots of nuts, and one with lots of dried fruit. I can get a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
July 03, 11:56am

Re: Re: 4 g Esbit tablets
Lots of factors, but this is certainly one - Trail Design's Gram Cracker greatly improved efficiency by shielding the sides of the 14 gram tablet with vertical "walls", to reduce t...

In GEAR » stored ESBIT "odour"
July 03, 9:51am

Re: Re: Dana ArcFlex Terraplane
...and the thickness of the Ti stay, please.

In Make Your Own Gear » Dana ArcFlex Terraplane
July 03, 8:31am

Re: Oooo
There has been many a lament regarding the lack there of .... I'm not suggesting surprise, but rather Hope.

In GEAR » ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
July 03, 7:59am

Re: Missing Person
I'm not astounded at the comment about Esbit, but ..."girlfriend" has stopped me in my tracks.

July 03, 7:56am

Re: Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
"My girlfriend..." HUH ??!!

July 03, 7:52am

Re: marmot
With predicted temperatures around 40°F you should be fine. But you will be at elevation in Colorado, and surprises are common. Apologies if you already know this ... The specs on this bag...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions about cold
July 03, 7:50am

Stephenson WarmLight VB Sleeping Bags
I saw a mention of the Stephenson VB system in another thread. So I checked on the Warmlight site - "We’ve used VB since 1955, and all Stephenson bags have had VB since 1968, a major re...

In GEAR » Stephenson WarmLight VB Sleeping Bags
July 02, 8:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm